The veil of blue mist was refreshing feeling over my skin, and smelled fresh as I stepped through it. I couldn't see the other side through its thickness, but suddenly I stood in a clearing surrounded by the veil. Kupo appeared with me after a few moments, and stretched upwards as a silhouette surrounded him for a brief moment and moved upwards.

"Ah, a nice stretch for me and a time to get familiar for you. Go ahead and try what you want, I'm here to teach but you already started on your first lesson. I get to watch you now to make sure your feeble little body doesn't pop like a meat balloon!"

He grinned, before he leaned back into the air and floated upwards. I watched him with a curiosity, before I turned to look down at my hands. I tried focusing on my magic with my eyes open, and tried focusing for more than a few frustrating moments before the orange static crackled across my skin in a wave.

I flexed my hands as I kept focus, the magic lashing out at my movements and striking into the ground with force. The damage seemed to travel a distance, with the static erupting from the dirt as it reached its limit. I watched it before I looked down, my skin tainted with an inky blackness at my left fingers and palm. It seemed to be reacting to the magic, as it consumed the sparks that travelled over it and used them to climb my skin.

A familiar, and terrifying feeling spread from my fingers as I watched, and let out a sigh. It felt similar to grasping a pearl, though it was warm and comforting. It felt as though I was holding an ender pearl, but the sense of comfort was new and terrifying to think about. At the thought of it it seemed, an off-coloured ender pearl appeared in a violent crackle of magic floating between my hands. It looked exposed, and alive. A ring of burning orange surrounded it closely, and made it seem like it was glowing.

"Ah there you are, I was hoping to find your little pocket nearby."

"Oh, Keagan.. what are you doing here?"

I paid neither mind as I brought my hands in on the pearl, and rotated it between them before sliding it into the pocket of my hoodie. I held out my hands again, and turned to a spot near the border of the veil. I dug into the information I had gathered last night, before raising my hands and spreading my fingers out. A wave of magic spread from my feet through the ground, and burst raw stone upwards in multiple sharp spires converged point to point above head height. An intense pulling feeling in my feet and calves at the cast led to a correlation with the ground.

"Impressive.. I came to spectate, she seems to have potential."

I bit into my lip, with an urge into focusing sharply again on my magic. It came clearly this time with my eyes opened, like a pool out of reach that the limb drew from. I pulled my hands back to use the same kind of cast, and felt the pull in my legs as the spires sank back into the ground and seemed to vanish.

I grinned proudly, and moved my hands to feel where underground the spires were moving. The solid stone was malleable, like it was begging me to mold it into something new. I brought it above ground again much closer to me, and stepped to it to lay my hands on it and sculpt it like clay by hand. It gave to my touch, thin black lines tracing from my left hand over it as I shaped it to look as much like a person as I could.

The lines seemed to burn with a deep purple glow inwards, before they began spreading over the surface. My grin fell as I stepped back, my right hand moving to hold up against the stone and attempt to separate what was and what wasn't tainted with the lines.

"Kupo. Tell me, what is she?"

The stone took on movement despite my efforts, the sound of cracking rock accompanying the movements as I took more than a few steps backwards.

"Half god, half dragon. Ridge's daughter, Kirin said she could take the throne someday."

"Not with that piss poor control."

Keagan stepped before me with a hand outreached, the moving monstrosity becoming still before it crumbled to dust before him. He turned to me, the look in his eyes unnerving and unreadable.

"Silent, may I see your hand?"

I hesitated, but complied as I held out my left hand. The inky spreading had taken part of my forearm as well now, and it reacted to his touch when he grasped my wrist. It pooled together underneath his fingers, into a band instead of an aimless spread.

"Start wearing gloves, or wraps. You don't want to be making golems now do you?"

I was more confused than anything, but nodded before he let go of my wrist and stepped away. He crossed his arms as I looked to observe what he'd done, and seemed to observe me closely. At the same time, it felt as though he was looking through me instead, as the invasive feeling spread over my body and made my hairs stand on end.

"You know more than you can tell. Do some studying, if you're interested in putting your powers to good use then call me once you learn the extent of your abilities."

He turned and vanished as I looked up, the invasive feeling vanishing with him. Kupo rest a hand on my shoulder as he walked up beside me, making me jump in surprise and strike out in near fear. He grasped my wrist, with a smile.

"Relax, it's just me. You did well, maybe a few.. unexpected abilities, but nothing you can't handle."

"That moving stone golem thing was an ability? That wasn't in anything that I saw in those script things."

Kupo shrugged, and let go of my wrist to take a step past me towards the veil. He looked unsure about something, but I couldn't think of what it could've been.

"Everyone has their own perks and abilities. I think you noticed that when others used magic, every one is different. Smiffy is very proud of the fact he can cause pain with little effort, Ross hangs on to the quality of near instant healing he seems to hold. Ridgedog has a curious ability to mold minds to his whim. We call it Trickster magic, since he doesn't seem to do much with it other than torment others."

I followed as he started through the misted veil, and was near blinded by the sunlight when we stepped out of the clearing into what I assumed was the normal world again.