All of us seemed to freeze as Ridge's form came to view. Rythian reached for his blade, but seemed unable to pull it from it’s sheath. Toby and Martyn backed away slightly, Toby dragging me a short ways before he cried out.

"Toby.!" 

Red magic was sparked around Ridge's hands and eyes, something I'd never seen before. I grabbed onto Toby, some instinct I'd never felt before striking me like lightning. 

"Let go Silent... or I'll hurt you too..."

"Like you did to Scarlett...?" 

My words made him pause, freeze almost as the sparks fade.

"How do you.."

"You won't hurt me... not kin.... not like you did to her...." 

He stared me dead in the eyes, before lashing out with his hands blazing in the sparks. He was stopped suddenly by what looked like an apparition of Scarlett, with her arms crossed in an X shape where his fist was stopped. The right side of her body was dark and disfigured, and Rythian stepped backward slightly.

"How... how is she here.." 

Ridge stepped back sharply, in reaction the apparition vanished. 

"How....."

"The right sister..." 

Rythian was in awe, so much so that he couldn't react before Ridge took a turn in attack. He struck at the amulet I had tucked under my dress front, making me shriek a little as I kicked him back. The force alone shocked him, before orange electricity and sparks surrounded my foot. Barely a yell of shock could escape his lips before a massive amount of energy blasted a hole through his chest.

The energy spent on it left me gasping for breath, my leg falling as I tried laying back. Ridge vanished, leaving us alone in the Twilight Woods. Rythian leaned over me, hushing me and trying to soothe me as the pain from the arrow started fading.

"You'll be okay, I promise.. Zoey, go set up guest beds."

My breath was coming better, making Rythian sigh. 

"You become more and more of a mystery every minute... Toby, I can take her if you want." 

Toby seemed lost for words, and didn't object when Rythian took me to carry. My hand stayed tightly curled around the stone he had put in my hand, I didn't know what it was for or what it did but it seemed important. 

Zoeya and Teep ran ahead, leaving the four of us to walk in their wake. Martyn and Toby were staying well back and out of my vision, which had become quite hazy.

"Rythian... what am I..?"

"I'm not sure... I can't say, but I bet you I can get someone who can..." 

Rythian took a drop into a cave system, and I could tell the entrance to their home from the natural rocks. Zoey was squeeling to Teep about something inside, but my vision was giving out. 

"C-can't... see.." I felt drained, like I hadn't slept for days and had been working non-stop.

"You'll be fine.. You used your magic for the first time..." 

I felt my vision fade, everything starting to go white. I'd never experienced something so pressing, and it scared me almost as much as Ridge did.