I dressed, and upon finishing I moved myself to the bathroom. I took in my reflection in the mirror, my hands moving to my hair. It had grown long and unkempt, reaching nearly my knees. I pulled on it a little in an attempt to straighten and untangle it, but it remained stubbornly knotted. I sighed softly, moving closer to the mirror to look more at my face. I had a thin scar on the underside of my chin from an incident involving the power armor Bebop made. My eyes, once crystal blue, now had tinged purple around the iris. I assume it had mixed red from the incident with Duncan's blood. I was pale, much paler than I was when Honeydew Inc. found me. It was almost as if I'd never been outside.

I shook my head slightly, pulling myself out and back into my new room. Lying was just coming down the ladder, with a smile on his face.

"Brought you one of Su's hairbrushes, unless you wanna lob that all off."

He had a silver brush in his hand as he stepped in. I shook my head, pulling some of my hair forwards to see.

"I've never cut my hair.. now is a good time I think, it's so tangled..."

Lying came over, stowing the brush in his own shoulder bag. He took my hair in his hands, pulling it down straight to see how long it was.

"Where'd you like it cut?"

I hadn't thought about it too much, but I felt at the pieces in his hand to figure how I'd like it at different lengths. I stopped at my neck, my fingers coming to grasp it there.

"Here is good.. if I'm cutting it I want it out of the way for once.."

Lying moved out of my view, before I felt a blade on my skin. I tensed, fear suddenly in my mind before he pulled the blade sharply, the sound of my hair cutting making me relax slightly. I felt the blade again on the other side, hearing my hair cut again before Lying came around in front of me again. He was holding the hair that had come off.

"That looks pretty good. Manageable. Sassy, which seems to match you."

He smiled, the hair vanishing from his grasp. He had an iron dagger in his hand, that had little strands of hair still leading off it. 

"Thanks Lying.. it feels like I've gotten rid of over a kilo.."

He laughed, waving for me to follow him out.

"You had a lot of hair, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a kilo."

I followed him up the ladder, to another level I hadn't seen yet. Another man was there, bent over a Thaumonomicon. Lying passed him, to retrieve a book off the shelf behind him. I couldn't help but let my eyes wander over to him, frozen nearly to the spot when he looked up. He looked surprised that I was there.

"Lying? Who's this?"

"Ah, that's Silent. She's staying here under our protection from Ridgedog."

I raised my hand in a little wave, flushing as I broke from my frozen state. I looked down, before I was moved aside by Kirin as he entered.

"You're giving that to her already?"

Lying nodded just as I looked up, to meet the piercing gaze of Kirin. An uneasy feeling in my stomach made me step back slightly.

"Kupo, go with her back to her room. She's quite special, you need to be there to ah... assist..."

The other man, Kupo I take by Kirin addressing him, frowned, before he closed the book he held.

"Alright.. is it the basics?"

Kirin nodded, moving out of the way. Kupo passed him, taking me by the wrist to bring me back to the ladder.

"Down you go.." 

He had snatched the book from Lying, and made sure I was down far enough for him to descend as well. I passed through the iron door, before turning to ask him what was going on. He held up his hand, and I caught myself before I spoke.

"This book is made for demigods who have grown up without learning to tame their magic. I can only assume you're a demigod by what Kirin and Lye said. It will hurt. I'm going to be straight with you. It feels like every fiber of your being is being torn apart, and you'll feel as if you're on fire."