Chapter 10: Sweet Seventeen

“How are you and Derrick?” Jessica asked, playing with a sleeping Bentley’s hair.

“Great! I seriously like him. He’s is an amazing dad. I was worried at first. Now, I just hope he doesn’t leave us.” I replied while turning my attention from the movie we were watching to her.

“What will happen if y'all break up? I mean, like with Bentley and stuff?” She quizzed me, curiously.

“Honestly, I won’t take Bentley away from him. If he tried to take him from me I’d be a major bitch and ruin his life.” I shrugged. “I’m not going to worry about that because I’m just taking everything day by day. You know? What about you and Mike? I can’t believe they are cousins.” I added on.

“I gotcha, boo. If he hurts you or Bentley, I will seriously kill him and not think twice about it,” She smiled at me before continuing, “Me and Mike are good. Great, actually. Everything he does is amazing. I love him, just to sum it up.” She replied, looking like a love sick puppy.

“I’m happy for you. Bent is out of it; I’m about to pass out, so let’s get our ass to bed.” I sighed, picking Bentley up. After I placed Bentley in his bed, I walked to my room. Hearing vibration coming from my dresser, I assumed my phone was ringing.

“Hey, babe.” I heard from the other side of the phone.

“I’m not your babe, stupid. What do you want?” I replied harshly. I didn’t even have to look at the caller ID to see who the dumbass was.

“Calm down, I was just wondering if you know what the homework for Mr. Weaver’s class is.” My ex-boyfriend Jordan asked.

“Stop sleeping around with stupid hoes at night and get a good night rest and you might remember. Also, I believed I told you to delete my number, pig.” I sneered before slamming my phone down. Stupid ass. Jordan is my ex-boyfriend. He’s is a lying, cheating, man-whore. We dated for almost a year. That is until I walked in on him banging some whore’s brains out. Her name is Nicole. Remember her? That bitch that got her shit rocked for talking smack? Yeah, her. She goes after every boyfriend I have. She must love my sloppy seconds, that’s for sure.

“Who was that?” Jessica asked while lying down. “Jordan’s dumbass. He called for homework. This fool is dumb.” I answered before my phone started ringing again.

“Hello?” I asked rudely.

“That’s not nice, baby.” His sweet voice was not what I was expecting to hear. I should look at my caller ID more. “Sorry, boo. A dumbass called me a little bit ago. Pissed me off. Anyways, how was your day?” I explained.

“It would’ve been better if I got to see my baby’s faces. What about you?” He asked.

“Jessica and I had a movie day. Bentley misses his dad.” I paused, “I miss my sexy baby daddy.” I whispered seductively.

“Ewww! I’m still in the room you sex birds!” Jessica screeched, covering her ears.

“You do know you have your own room.” I laughed at her.

Me and Derrick started laughing. “Haha! I miss you guys too. I’ll see you tomorrow, though. I got to go, babe. I’ll call you tomorrow.”

“Alright baby. Good night, sweet dreams love.” I whispered.

“Good night, love.” Before I clicked the end button, I could’ve sworn I heard him mumble something like “just say it already, damn it”. I guess I’ll ask him about that later.

“Happy birfday, momma,” Bentley shouted while jumping on my bed. I was in an amazing, deep sleep dreaming about Derrick and our future kids. I had two more girls and was planning on more before I was woken by my handsome little two year old.