Chapter 12: Nobody's Business

You'll always be the one that I wanna come home to

Boy let me love you and show you how special you are

I wanna be your baby, you'll always be my baby

Tell me what you want now

Let's sing it to the world

Baby give me time

I'ma be your girl

I wanna make you mine

And it ain't nobody's business

It ain't nobody's business

Just mine, and my baby

“Good morning, lil man,” I cooed to Bentley when I walked in his room.

“Morning, mama. I hold you.” He held his arms waiting for me to pick him up. I scooped him up, kissing him on the cheek. I walked in the living room sat him down on the couch and made him breakfast. As he was eating, my phone rang. I checked the caller ID and answered.

“Babyyyy.” Derrick voice rang through the speakers.

“Good morning, babe.” I retorted.

“Good morning. Boss called and told me not to come in. So instead of Bentley going to daycare, can I watch him?”

“Duh, babe. Don’t you always watch him when I’m working or at school and your off?”

“Haha, yeah. I’m on my way. I love you.”

“I love you too.” I hung up the phone and cleaned Bentley up, getting him dressed. After I finished, I walked down stairs just in time to see someone walk through the door. I shot up, throwing my hands around his neck. “I missed you.” I said before kissing him passionately. He responded immediately.

“Daddy,” Bentley shouted.

“Hey daddy’s boy.” He hugged him tightly, blowing raspberries on his belly.

“Stop it,” Bentley giggled.

“I want to take y’all to eat breakfast. Then I can drop you off at school and pick you up when you get out.” Derrick stated.

“Yeah, that’s fine. Bentley already ate, though and also, I have to be at school at nine.” I replied, gathering up mine and Bentley's things. For all the kids around here, it is summer break but after the end of eleventh grade, I decided to finish up my senior year instead. It’s only from nine in the morning to twelve in the afternoon on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Derrick graduated this year. He got a job with his mother. She is a lawyer and he helps her with the cases and other stuff at her office. He makes good money and only works three days a week. When school starts back, he’ll be taking collage classes to be a lawyer.

“Ihop?” Derrick asked when we were seated in the car and buckled.

“Yum, my favorite.” I chuckled lightly. Derrick intertwined our fingers and I still felt those familiar butterflies that I get every time he touches me. He started the car and drove off to the nearest International House of Pancakes.

“What drinks can I get for ya’ll?” The waitress asked with a strong country accent.

“Chocolate milk for the baby, orange juice for the lady and water for me, please?” Derrick ordered, politely.

“So how is your job, babe?” I asked when the waitress walked away.

“It is great; I got a raise to $25 an hour. How is your job and school?” He answered nonchalantly.