Chapter 26.

Chapter twenty-six

It wasn't long before all the boxes were at Aston's and we had unpacked most of them. It was good to be back home, I had definitely missed it and I realised how much now that I was back. Although Aston had changed some things in the house and it needed a women's touch again, it was turning into more of a bachelor's pad.

"I'm just gonna go get the last boxes babe." I said to Aston.

"Do you want me to get them?" He asked.

"Nah, you continue putting that away..they're only in the car." I smiled.

"Alright then." He smiled too. I left him to continue packing the rest of my clothes away and went downstairs. I grabbed the keys off the side and went out to my car that was parked next to Aston's in the drive. I unlocked it and went into the boot, picking up the last couple of boxes that were in there. I shut the boot and locked the car again, ready to go back up to the house.

"Amelia!" Someone called making me quickly turn on my heels. I saw Katie jogging across the road to get to me.

"Hi." She said awkwardly.

"Hi.." I said, biting my lip nervously.

"You're moving back in?" She asked, nodding up to the house and I nodded slowly, ready for a judgemental comment.

"Thats great, I'm glad you're back together." She smiled, taking me back quite a lot.

"Oh, er thanks." I stuttered, unsure on what to say.

"I just wanted to say sorry, for everything that happened between us, with Aston, I want it all behind us." She told me.

"Me too, it was childish and stupid." I shrugged, putting the boxes on the brick wall next to me.

"I agree, I should've seen how happy he makes you and not got involved."

"Its fine, you were angry at me."

"So can we friend again?" She asked.

"Friends? No way." I said, making her face fall and she looked down at the ground.

"Best friends? I think so." I giggled making her head fling back up with a big grin on her face.

"Come here you." I said and pulled her back into a hug, she hugged me back tightly.

"I've missed you." She giggled.

"I've missed you too, you soppy git." I giggled too. We pulled back from the hug.

"I better take these inside and finish unpacking, Aston will think I've gone awol." I laughed and picked the boxes back up off the wall.

"You want to come in?" I asked.

"I would but I'm now on my way to work." She sighed.

"Lucky you."

"Mm I know, but I'll see you soon."

"Of course, I'll text you or something."

"Alright babe." She nodded and turned around.

"Bye Katie."

"Bye Mils."

I smiled and walked back up the house. I went inside and straight upstairs. I placed the boxes on the bed and opened them.

"What took you so long?" Aston chuckled.

"Oh, er Katie came over to me." I said.

"What did she say?" He asked, putting his phone down.