Chapter 2

The next morning, I really started to get worried. I was on the bus and things went horribly wrong.

I was thinking about what I was going to tell my friends when all of a sudden a bubble of water came and swirled around me. I tried swatting it away but they just split into two and started growing bigger, which only made me worry more.

I starting freaking out inside nobody is looking at me so if I made a scene they probably would've seen all of the water, but the mist was probably covering it.

The only person who really kept looking at me was Peyton Schulz. How I hated her. She always made fun of me for not being as smart as every one else and always looking at me like what I was wearing clothes from the 1980s.

But she just would glance back then realize I was looking at her then she'd turn around again. She kept doing that the whole entire ride.

When we were about a mile away from school I noticed something weird about her. Her hair had turned into fire. Nobody must have noticed because nobody was freaking out. You'd think people would notice something like that. Then there were the fangs. Then a bronze leg and some other leg that I couldn't tell what it was. Empousi. Percy fought those things in the books, but he had his sword. How the heck am I going to kill this thing.

We reached the school and I sprint off the bus as fast as I could while Peyton got caught in the crowd of people. I raced into my classroom huffing and puffing. Most of my home room class was already in their seats

My teacher Mr. Smith looked alarmed and in a really serious voice, which was strange because he's usually never serious, asked "is everything alright Ellie" (that's usually what everyone calls me)

"Oh" I said in between breaths "um ya of course why wouldn't it be?"

"Ellie may I speak with you out in the hall please"

Oh great now i'm I trouble with my most favorite teacher ever.

We walk out into the hall and the strangest sentence comes out of his mouth.

"Was it the Empousi?"

"Um uh... How?"

"Helen Johnson don't you dare play dumb with me young lady now was it the Empousi?"

"uh-huh" I manage to stutter i'm too awe struck right now to speak.

"here take this" he says as he hands me a Chapstick

"This is chapstick. What the heck am I supposed to do with Chapstick!!" I yell I am really not in the mood to be toyed around with right now.

"Take the cap off" he tells me like i'm some sort of idiot.

I take the cap off and a sword appears instead of the Chapstick. "This is...like Percy's pen..." I manage to stutter

"yes" he says to me like i'm two "now do you know how to use it?"

"Of course not! What do you think I am a dragon slayer?"

"alright then you're just going to have to wing it"

"Ok so I know winging it is kind of my thing, but NOW DOES NOT SEEM LIKE A GOOD TIME FOR THAT!" I say as I fling my sword back. I turn around to go back into the classroom and see a pile of dust on the floor.

"Looks like you can wing it without even knowing it" says Mr. Smith with a smirk on his face. "if you need a second to um... get in control you can stay out here for a couple of minutes"

"K" the only thing I can squeeze out. Mr. Smith walks back into the classroom and I head to the bathroom. I understand what he means by "get in control". I was almost completely covered in water. Not to mention the monster dust. I lean against the wall and slide to the floor. "did that just happen?" I say to myself.