Chapter 7

I was hoping my dreams wouldn't be so nightmarish, but my dreams were more vivid then ever.

I was at camp, well at least I think I was because I saw a boy with black hair and sea green eyes. His sword was raised. What really threw me off was he was fighting my friends, Britney,Taylor, and Alex.

The scene changed. I was at school I was going to walk through the doors to get into the building. I stopped dead in my tracks. At the door were all kinds of monsters, some of which I didn't recognize. They noticed me and started to charge. I woke up sweating and screaming.

I got up and got dressed. The smell of pancakes filled my room. My last day in my home, the place I've lived my entire life.

I walk out into the kitchen. There stands my mother making pancakes with my dad, well step dad, reading the newspaper.

"Morning EJ" says my step dad. His real name is Tim

"Morning um... Dad?" I say a little confused.

"Just because i'm not your real dad doesn't mean you can't call me dad" he says as he puts down the newspaper. He's got brown hair and brown eyes. I look absolutely nothing like him, I always wondered why. I guess I know now.

I take a pancake. I wonder what today is going to be like. I might cry a little, but I'm sure everyone will know why.

I finish breakfast. My dad offers me a ride to school, and considering what happened on the bus yesterday, I was happy to go along.

I pack up my back pack, and hop in the car. My dad gets in the drivers seat with a pancake in his hand. We start driving.

When we were about five minutes away from school, I saw a snake curling around a tree. Then I saw two. The just kept coming. As we passed the Tree I saw it. It was a Gorgon.

My dad must have seen it too because he was looking directly at it and he said "Wow that's a lot of snakes." He must not have been able to see the gorgon.

"Um dad could you go a bit faster" I say a bit worried

"I'm already going five over"

"I don't care. Go faster!" Now i'm yelling at him

"Ellie I can't."

"Then we're both going to die!"

"Ellie we are not going to die if you're only ten minutes early. Relax."

It was hopeless "Then stop the car." I say a little too heroic.

"Ellie" says my dad "we are on a highway. I can't just stop the car"

I gave up. If the thing got to our car well then I'd kill it or at least attempt to, but right now I'm in a bad spot.

We got to school. I grabbed my bag and raced out of the car. "Love you" I yelled.

I raced into the school building to the classroom, and ran right up to Mr. Smith.

He looked at me and immediately his face darkened.

"Gorgon" I puffed

He cursed in Greek

"Oh so it's okay for you to say that and not me?"

Everyone was staring at me and Mr. Smith. "Is it Medusa" he asked

"I don't think so but I didn't look closely enough" I whispered back

"Good you're not ready to face her yet"

"Is the water back again" I asked cautiously.

"No" he said "I think you're learning to control it."

"Good" I say

"Alright everybody take your seats" yells Mr. Smith right as the Gorgon rams through the door.