Chapter 9

Its lunch time now. Now's the time I have to tell them. I have to tell my friends i'm leaving.

I walked to the cafeteria, where my friends were saving me a seat.

"Oh my gosh" yelled Alex "How on EARTH did you kill all those snakes"

"Huh" I ask

"This morning" said Britney "there were about one hundred and you killed them all in one swipe."

I remember my dad saying this morning look at all those snakes so I guess thats what they saw too.

"Oh" I say. "Well I guess I see things different than you or something. I only saw about twenty."

"Are you blind?" Yelled Taylor.

"No." I said bluntly "I have to talk to you guys about something."

Alright now's the time I have to tell them there's no going back now.

"I guess I better just come out and say it.... I'm moving...."

"What?! You can't move this is just awful. We're all going to die." sobbed Alex.

"Alex cool it." says Britney a little upset. "When are you leaving?"

"Please don't yell at me when I tell you this.... Tomorrow morning.

They all start talking at once.

"Whoa whoa whoa!" I yell "I know I should have told you but I couldn't find a way. I just found out on Tuesday night. I'm going to New York to...um...don't think crazy...Camp Half-Blood.

"You mean that place in those stupid books you've been reading? How do you even read you have dyslexia?" Taylor says.

"I can read ancient Greek, and speak it."

"No you can't." says Alex "I bet she's just playing a joke."

"I'm not kidding. I'm really leaving and if you don't believe then fine. I'll never see you guys again for the rest of my life!"

I get up and leave the cafeteria. Tears are streaming down my face but at this point I don't really care. I race down the hall, grab my coat, and head outside.

"Tomorrow" I say to myself. "Tomorrow I'll be with people like me who understand what it's like to be different."