Chapter 19

I've always been good at archery, I guess it's because I have Apollo in me.
Chiron sets out some targets. He hands me a bow and a quiver of arrows.

"Chiron I know how to shoot a bow and arrow." I tell him.

"I'm believe it when I see it" he says back.

I roll my eyes. I hate it when people don't believe me. I put three arrows in the bow and turn it sideways. I pull back the arrows and shoot. I hit all three of the target's bullseye.

"Told you" I say back.

"Alright" he says like I just challenged him. He pulls out a remote and presses a big red button on it. The targets start moving. I roll my eyes again and turn around. I take out two arrows and hit the side targets in the bullseye. Then I take out one arrow. I aim and shoot the arrow, it slices right through the first one I shot.

I turn around and look at him. He looks impressed. "Chiron this is child's play." I say to him still kind of annoyed he didn't believe me before.

"Alright" he said unimpressed, though his facial expressions say otherwise. "Now we go to sword fighting." I get on his back again and we ride off.

* * * * * *
We get to the sword fighting area. I see Percy, Jason, Piper, Clarisse, Annabeth, and a couple other girls who look about my age.

"The first person you will be fighting with is Natalie Green from Athena." announces Chiron.

I pull out beautiful (Percy told me that's what it was called in English. Maybe I'll call it beauty) and uncap it.

Chiron blows his whistle. I start fighting and easily disarm her with one flick of the wrist right away.

"Alright next is Meredith from Apollo."

Chiron blows his whistle again. I jab at her right away, but she blocks my shot. She swings at me, but I side spet out of the way. Then I disarm her just the same way I did to Natalie.

"Chiron" says Annabeth "she needs better competition."

He sighs "Alright Piper your turn."

"You're going down blondie." she says using Charm speak

"Already told you Piper, you can't use charm speak on me. Especially not to win your fights."

Chiron blows his whistle. Piper gives me a smile, and puts as much "sparkle" in her eyes as she can. I know she's trying to distract me, but that won't work. Normally at this time when she fighting someone, she's getting herself to look all cute. So I better strike her now.

I jab at her knife wielding hand. I knick her a little but she hangs on and she looks surprised. "Ganna have to do better than that McLean to beat me."

Now she's concentrating. I fake down at her feet so she looses her balance and the go for hand again. I disarm her.

I beat Annabeth, Jason, and Clarisse all in a matter of minutes.

"My turn" says Percy with a determined look in his eye. Apparently word got out that I would fight Percy because people were flooding the arena. Percy pulls out riptide and uncaps it.

Chiron, now surrounded by people, blows his whistle. Percy and I raise our swords. This time I'll have to use more than sword to win.

A wave of water splashes over me. I don't move. Silly Percy, water only makes me stronger.

"You're going to have to do better than that seaweed brain to beat me" I say.

He looks a little surprised i'm not dazed from the water.

I jabbed at him and he blocked it with riptide. I started get the water to spray mist into his eyes. Even I can't stand when the water sprays in my eyes. He keeps wiping his eyes. I jab at him while he's distracted. He jumps out of the way. I stop spraying him. His eyes are red from the sting of the water.

He knocks my sword out of my hand. Chiron is about to say he won. I hold out my hand to stop him. I concentrate really hard. I can tell all eyes are on me. I mini storm cloud comes out of the sky, and lightning shakes the whole arena. Percy backs away.

"Uh Ellie" he sounds nervous. I realize the cloud is not mini. It's about the size of Tyson times two. I make the cloud disappear. I pull beauty out of my pocket since it always comes back there. I uncap it. I shoot water out of my hand in the shape of a hand grabbing Percy's sword. I hold it up at his neck.

"Give up yet" I say.

"Alright you win Johnson" he says putting his hands in the air.

"That is a way to win a fight" mutters Annabeth.