Chapter 14

The Camp fire was wonderful. We sang songs and toasted marshmallows, and everyone had a wonderful time.

I was talking to Rachel and Annabeth, when all of a sudden Rachel grabbed my arm and her eyes turned green. I tried to unclench her hand from my arm, but it was no use. She started talking in a creepy, raspy voice,

"The daughter of the many gods,
Shall reach fourteen against worse odds,
The name that all the monsters fear
Will be renamed to someone near.
The girls friends shall be taken,
And all their thoughts shall be misshapen.
This mark shall be the end of time,
Where the gods shall draw their line."

She went limp and started falling. Two guys rushed out of the crowd and caught he and put her in a chair off to the side.

"Alright everyone" announces Chiron "I think we are going to have to end this camp fire early. I would like all the counselors from the main twelve cabins to meet at the Big House immediately. Ellie it would be appreciated if you could join us too."

The crowd started to disperse. About thirteen headed over to the Big House. I think about Rachel's prophecy. I'm 13. I'm turning 14 next week. I couldn't be the one she was talking about could I?

We walk into the building. We all sit around the ping pong table. I sit between Percy and Jason.

"Alright" starts Chiron "This prophecy is a strange one. First off all it said the daughter of many gods. I don't know how thats possible. You can't have someone who is born of many gods unless they are a god. Even then it's only two gods and this implies many."

Piper speaks up. "I think it's talking about Ellie"

"i'm with Piper on this one" agrees Jason.

"And may I ask why you think so." asks Chiron

"Earlier today I tried using Charm speak on her but she knew I was using it. She couldn't have known that unless she has the blood of Aphrodite in her." states Piper.

"Also I apologize in advance Percy" says Jason "but Ellie is way better at the whole water power thing. Maybe some Hecate or something."

"And" says Percy "Earlier today I was underwater and she scared me just as much as Nico would have. Maybe some Hades."

"Whoa guys" I say "Aren't we getting hasty here."

"Well Piper is definitely right about knowing charm speak. Says Chiron.

Annabeth starts talking "I've noticed that when you use the water power, you tend to create storms out of water like tornados and hurricanes. This is a long shot but i'm thinking Zues too. And I did research on your grades. And you have really good grades for a demigod with dyslexia and ADHD. Which would mean Athena too."

"This is a real detail, but when you walked passed the grapevines outside they started growing toward you when you got close enough. So Dionysus."

Clarisse La Rue speaks up. "I was also talking to Mr. Smith. He said when you fought the monsters at your school, you were fighting like you've had ten years of sword practice. No one could get lucky like that unless they were a descendant of Ares."

"Guys really" I say "c'mon this is crazy i'm not the one..."

"How old are you?" says Clarisse.

"Well um i'm 13 but what..."

"Alright that's all we should do tonight. Trying to decipher prophecies just makes things more dangerous. Everyone head to your cabins. Get some sleep."

We all get up and leave the Big house and head to our cabins.