Chapter 34

I wake up to tapping on my door. "Ellie, we're back at camp" the door opens and Annabeth is standing there. Percy has his arm around her.

"If you guys keep doing that you could pass as my parents."

They both laugh at that. The wheelchair is gone, but a crutch has replaced it. I use it for support and walk over them. "Maybe if it was really necessary we could be your parents." says Percy.

"Oh like when?" I say

"I don't know an emergency" he replies shrugging.

I roll my eyes and walk to the upper deck, where everyone else is waiting. It's dark out, but we can see the camp fire in the distance, plus lanterns with the campers who came to meet us. Chiron is leading the pack. Then I realized we were in camp and Taylor, Britney, and Alex are in camp.

Then someone next to me says "I let them in" it's Leo.

"Thank you, but now Percy is really going to hate you."

"Let him" he says dipping me and kissing me.

"Well" says Chiron who is now standing next to us "seems like Leo finally found someone to be with."

I blush "I guess he did" I say looking into his eyes. I give him a peck on the cheek.

"Yes" says Chiron "Now, Ellie shouldn't you be resting. I heard what a wild day it's been."

"I think I can spare a few more minutes."

"You'd better" says Alex walking up "We came all this way for purpose! It wasn't to kidnap you if that's what you were wondering. We are not leaving this place until we do what we came for..."

"Alex! What did you come for?" I say putting my hand on her shoulder.

"Well if you're going to interrupt my speech like that, maybe I shouldn't tell you." she says crossing her arms and turning around.

"We brought presents." say Britney laughing.

I give Alex a look "Really that was the HUGE thing you had to have a speech about."

"Well yes. Fourteenth birthday presents are a big deal."

I roll my eyes, and start to hobble off the boat. Percy is right behind me.

I turn around after I get off the ramp. "Percy can I just be alone with them for a little while?"

"Ellie I don't want you getting hurt." he replies.

"I won't Percy, I promise"

"Alright, but just remember its 9:52. Still have a couple of hours until you're fourteen. Still a chance of danger."

"I got it Percy." I say walking away motioning my friends to follow me. They do and we head off to my cabin.

We get to the cabin. Although I was only gone for a day, I missed this place. It smells like seawater, like... home. They all go to the corner of the room and pick up four presents. They bring them over.

"Okay so I know you haven't had the most ideal birthday" says Britney "But hopefully these will make it better."

"So no bombs are going to go off when I open this?" I ask

"No" says Britney "and your mom told us your dad is Poseidon. We had to look him up because we had no idea what she was talking about, and we found out he was the sea god. Don't be surprised if everything is ocean related."

"Alright as long as I don't get a jar of water."

"I told you she wouldn't like it." says Alex hitting Taylor in the arm.

I grab the first one. "That ones from Britney." says Alex "Probably the best one. She's the richest."

"I can't believe you guys keep saying that." says Taylor.

"It's only true" says Alex shrugging

I open the present, and inside is a cage with a whole bunch of shells.

"it's a hermit crab" says Britney "I thought all the fish at the pet store were boring. Oh and it's name is Shelly."

"I love it. But I have a better idea." I walk over to the little water sprinkler in the corner and open the cage door.

"Thank you. It gets squishy in the cage, and could you please tell them my name is Mel NOT Shelly." Did I just understand a crab?

"Okay. Guys Mel wanted you to know her name is, well Mel and not Shelly." I say

"You can understand crab?" says Alex completely freaked out.

"Apparently" I say. This day just keeps getting crazier and crazier.

I grab the second present. "Well there's a tag the size of a basketball with the words FROM ALEX on it so something tells me this is from Alex."

"Oh you're good." says Taylor sarcastically.

I open it. Inside are seashells, and sand dollars, and a little fountain.

In the other presents is a sea blue lamp, some more seashells, and a blue and sea green comforter for my bed. I thank everyone and I leave the cabin telling them to stay there. I was on my way to the big house, to ask Chiron where Alex, Britney, and Taylor should sleep. I met up with Percy on the way.

"Were you spying on me" I ask

"Maybe just a little." he replies

We walk a little while longer until everything goes dark. I hear a raspy voice that my friends talked in when they were under the spell.

"You may have survived today Helen Johnson, but your troubles are just beginning. Soon enough you will be deep in the underworld."

The stars turn back on again. I look at Percy with my tear stained eyes. "Ellie you'll be..." he stops himself. He knows perfectly well I am far from okay. I give him a hug, partly in fear and partly because I know he will always be there for me. We walk back to the cabin with me in his arms. I just can't wait for this day to end, I just can't wait.

THE END.

HEY GUYS I WILL BE WRITING ANOTHER BOOK TO GO WITH THIS ONE SO IT DOESN'T END SO ABRUPTLY. THANKS IF YOU'VE READ THIS FAR. LOVE YOU GUYS.