Chapter 8

I uncapped my Chapstick. I don't know what everyone saw, but it must've been bad because everyone started screaming. I got up close to it and one of its snakes hit it out of my hand. It was too far away to grab.

Then the weirdest thing happened. I raised my hands and water rose to my control. I could control water!! I shot water at the gorgon. No one noticed anything I was doing. They were to busy ducking and taking cover. Mr. Smith was trying to get the whole class under control, so even he didn't notice me which was probably good.

While it was distracted I noticed my sword disappear. I felt the back of my pocket and there it was. I grabbed it and uncapped it. I spun around slicing through the the monster. It dissolved into dust. Everyone was still screaming and hiding.

Mr. Smith looked at me with his mouth dropped open as far as it would go.

The whole room was covered in water and monster dust. I'm going to be in so much trouble for this.

"I'll be sure to tell Chiron about this" said Mr. Smith

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing"I ask suspiciously.

"Well I guess we'll find out" replied Mr. Smith. "Alright everyone since what happened just now I think we all need a break. The rest of the class you can talk and do whatever. Ellie go to the nurse's office and make sure you're okay."

I walk out of the classroom and go to the office. I smell like monster and i'm soaking wet.

I didn't get hurt, but I think Mr. Smith was right. I needed a break. Nurse Penny was sitting in a chair reading an Elvis magazine. She looks up from it. "Was it the Gorgon?"

"What" I say "you knew about it?"

"Of course"

"Why didn't you help?"

"I don't have a weapon. Besides I knew it would be after you. You're something special Helen Johnson, something special."