Chapter 10

It's Thursday morning. I'm leaving today, dropping everything I've ever done to go to camp.

I really wish my friends believed me. They might have...

"Honey are you ready!! Mr. Smith is going to be here in five minutes!" yells my mom from the bathroom.

"Yes mom" I yell back a little annoyed. That's the tenth time she's asked me in the last three minutes.

I walk I my room and grab my bag. I look in my mirror. I usually try not to draw attention to myself, but today is a big day. I made a little braid on the side of my head which goes into a curled ponytail. I don't believe in makeup, but my mom made me put on a little eyeliner and mascara which really makes my eyes pop.

The doorbell rings. Mr. Smith must be early, he usually is.

"Morning Johnson's!" he yells

I walk out into the living room where my parents are talking with Mr. Smith.

"Morning Ellie, you ready to hit the road?" asks Mr. Smith

"I guess" I say a little bummed.

I hug and kiss my parents goodbye. Mr. Smith and I hop in his car. I hope we don't meet any monsters on the way.

* * * * *
If you've never ridden in a car with your teacher, you have no idea how awkward it is. Our conversation started about the weather, then it went to how excited I was for camp, then it went to headless chickens. Don't ask how we got there we just did.

After we'd been driving for about ten hours, we stopped at a hill.

"Half-Blood hill" sighs Mr. Smith. Welcome home.

It was beautiful. The grass on the Hill was the perfect green all trimmed perfectly. A hint of strawberries filled the air.

We climb up the hill. As I look down I can see Satyrs playing volleyball on the court, the cabins shaped in a U the kind the gods thrones are arranged in, with many other cabins surrounding it. I see the golden fleece simmering in the sun light.

"I can't believe this is where i'm going to live" I say awestruck.

"Well let's get going" says Mr. Smith, obviously in a hurry to take his pants off. I don't want to see that so I rush off after him.

We don't get very far, before I see fire out of the corner of my eye. I see an Empousi in a cheer leading uniform, which can only mean one thing. Kelli.

"You like totally killed my sister yesterday Helen Johnson" she hisses. "Somebody needs to pay for that."

She lunges at me and my brain is on pause. I can't comprehend what's going on right now. Kelli hits me just as Mr. Smith notices. I'm barely conscious. Mr. Smith takes out a knife he's kept in his back pocket lately, and throws it at Kelli. She crumbles to dust and the last thing I remember is Mr. Smith picking me up and running.