Chapter 28

POV ELLIE

"Taylor stop breathing down my neck, it's creeping me out." I say

"Sorry" she says backing away.

Right now is a time when I wish I didn't have ADHD because crouching in a tiny spot, not making any noise, is really hard. I can't stop tapping my foot, and the littlest things are getting my attention, like how one of the harpies wings bats faster then the other one.

"Ellie we can't just wait here forever."

She's right. "Okay I have a plan. Do you remember what Britney and Alex sounded like when they were talking to me?"

"yes" she says a little nervously

"I need you to go in there, talk like that and tell them there are hundreds of demigods here down that hallway" I say pointing to a little hallway down to the right of the room. "They should all leave and then we can go down there" I say pointing to another exit on the left side.

"I can't go in there! they'll eat me alive."

"No they'll eat ME alive. They can tell i'm a demigod by my smell. I have already seen some monsters looking over here smelling the air. Of we don't do this we'll both die no matter what."

"Alright fine" she says "here goes nothing." she gets up and walks into the room. She sounds exactly like she did when she was under the spell. "There are hundreds of demigods down that hallway." she says pointing to the one I told her to. "You must immediately go and kill them."

The monsters cheer and most of them leave. Only about five or six stay. "Well what are you waiting for" yells Taylor. "Kill them"

A gorgon that stayed looks at Taylor. "I am not going to get killed by a bunch of demigods, again, especially if that one called Perseus Jackson is with them."

Taylor pulls out her sword. "go or you shall be killed by me." the rest of the monsters flee, except for the one gorgon. Taylor looks at me. I motion her to come back. She looks back at the gorgon and comes back and crouches by me.

"Great job Taylor. There are only three gorgons. Medusa, Stheno, and Euryale. Its not Medusa because you would be stone right now if it was. I'm pretty sure I killed stheno earlier this month. So this must be Euryale. Don't make her scream. They can kill people."

"that's good to know." says Taylor. "Now what do we do?"

"we kill her" I say standing up.

"What?"

"Well we have to get over there somehow" I start to walk out.

Euryale laughs "I knew the sea god's child was present." she says "Now I will have the pleasure of killing you on my sister's behalf."

"Don't get your hopes up" I say pulling out my sword. I wished for a bow and arrows, and that's what appeared. I pull out an arrow, and aim at Euryale.

She lets out some sort of call. A Titan walks into the room. He has white silvery hair with a broom strapped to his back. Bob. "No didn't want you" says Euryale. "Go back and clean more"

Taylor is hovering in the corner. Bob starts to leave the room, and Taylor looks a little more relieved. "Wait Bob" I say. Taylor looks at me like I just lost my marbles. The titan turns around and looks at me. "Bob i'm Percy Jackson's sister. We are friends. You can trust me."

Bob runs over to me and picks me up. "Is Percy here?" he asks.

"Uh no. i'm sorry"

"That okay" say Bob putting me down.

He steps on Euryale. "Euryale bad" he says.

Taylor is standing there with her mouth open. "Taylor, you can come out" She steps out cautiously.

"How's small Bob?"

"Small Bob good" he says pulling out a calico kitten. "Aww he's adorable, but Bob we really have to go okay. You can come with us if you want" I say.

"Bob will stay and clean." Says Bob and he walks off.

"Thank the Lord" says Taylor. I look at her like I ate something disgusting.

"Let's keep going before the monsters come back." I say and we take off down the hall.