Chapter 17

I paced around the room, griping my hair in frustration, "What good is this clue if it doesn't make sense?!" At this point I wouldn't be shocked to see a worn out ring in the wood floor after pacing around so much. James piped up, "It says go to the forest right? Maybe we have to wait to get back to school so we can head into the Forbidden Forest to take our snag." I rolled my eyes, "There's no way that they would wait that long to kill my parents! To the Death Eaters, my parents are just some muggles who happen to help them kill me!" James wrapped his arms around me from behind and murmured, "Just take a break." I sighed and grudgingly went upstairs with James, I suppose a small break wouldn't hurt too badly. What if James was right? Was the Forbidden Forest where I would have to pick my snag? But what if he was wrong? There are millions of forests around the world, even with apparation, it'd be a year or two before I'd be allowed to! At this point, my best hope lay with the Forbidden Forest, all the thinking had made me hungry. If this was Dumbledore's helper's way of helping me, I want a better riddle maker!

I thought about the golden trinket once again, what if the Death Eaters could give me a clue? What would it cost me? Probably a human life, or something that couldn't be paid in money. However, if I did contact them, and they did give me a clue, then I wouldn't have to worry so much about! I went downstairs in frustration and to go get myself and James a glass of lemonade, but that trinket for real, could it help me find my parents? What else had it been charmed to do? Could it send me notes? "Lily! Lily! LILY!" I felt something cold hitting my skin as I jerked out of my thoughts, I had made a mess! Without realizing, the pitcher had moved unconsciously above my hand and it stayed there, lemonade was spilling onto the floor and my hand was soaked to the bone. James quickly knelt and began to mop the floor, I took the mop from him with a small grin, "I'll do it, can you just pour the lemonade and set it on the table?" James nodded but not without asking me if I was sure I wanted to mop the floor, I suppose I didn't really want to but it's not fair, I made the mess, I should clean it up. "Having fun staring, Evans?" James teased, my cheeks flared, "Not at all." I grinned. My mind never let me rest, my parents were out there, probably getting tortured and I'm positive I can't wait till school starts again to sneak into the Forbidden Forest again, not only because I'll miss my parents very much, but I'll burn the house down trying to make myself dinner! Even after I promised myself not to, after James left to tell his parents he was fine, I pulled out the trinket once more, I pleaded with all my heart, "Show me the Death Eaters. Please!" I'm never pleading for Death Eaters again after this.

Soon enough, a warning popped up, If it is Death Eaters you wish to speak too, this is not the right item for you. I might hate these people right now but I really must get them to write my poems for Astronomy. I tried again, "Show me the followers of the man who took my parents." Sure enough, the same cloaked figure who had shown up before now looked straight at me, "Lily Evans, I see you are a wise one, what have you come to do?" "What have you done to my parents?" My voice trying it's very best to stay firm. He laughed at me, "That boyfriend of yours is right, your parents are in the Forbidden Forest, but you're wrong, I'm not on your side at all, I suppose you don't know who I am. No matter you'll know soon enough." And with that, the connection ended, I sat down shakily on the couch, was Voldemort not the only villain we had to deal with? And who was this strange man who claimed to know where my parents were hidden?