Chapter 10

Sirius has been in what we think is a coma for around a week now, he's been in Mungo's, transported to Ilvermorny's medical ward, and nothing has managed to wake him up. Marlene's been sobbing since Thursday and today is Monday, James has been stressed and tired from staying up to check on Sirius during late hours. I've been staying up with James but there hasn't been any progress aside from the occasional cough coming from Sirius.

Now, I tiptoe across the common room, about to sneak out so I could head to the kitchens and grab some hot food while I'm at it, I opened the portrait hole and crept out silently, the Fat Lady was leaning on the frame of her picture and snoring so I ran silently to the kitchens. I came upon the painting of the bowl of fruit, panting, I tickled the pear, it began to giggle then laugh loudly and the painting swung open. Tons of house elves scurried about, preparing soufflés and truffles and all sorts of food delights, I came upon one of the house elves kindly, "May I have one chicken sandwich and a warm cider please?" The house elf bowed at me, "Of course miss." He ran away, hurrying to get all the ingredients, another house elf came shyly to me, carrying a chair, she curtsied and placed the chair in front of me. She then ran away, busying herself with preparing a plate of sausages for tomorrow's breakfast, I sat down, looking around at the kitchens, I realized there was a quiet voice that seemed to be talking to himself with self-pity, I waved one of the house elves over, "Is there anyone else in these kitchens tonight?" His eyes widened and he muttered, "Must not tell but that is her desire and I must serve." In a louder voice he said, "Yes miss. There is Mister Potter in the room beside." I thanked him and crept to the kitchen nearest the one I was in, there was James, eating a large chocolate ice cream as he ate by a candlelight.
"James?" At this he jumped, his shoulders visibly relaxing when he saw me, "Evans, why are you here?" "Couldn't sleep, I needed some food." He smiled, "Same here." He patted the spot beside him and I lay my head down on his chest as I took a seat. He wrapped an arm around my waist as a house elf brought my food to me on a large red tray, I smiled and thanked him and he left, running away. I took a bite from my sandwich and smiled contentedly as I tasted the warm chicken with the crunchy lettuce and tomatoes. James softly kissed my cheek and I lay closer to him, I finished my sandwich and cider and I felt my eyelids droop, those extra hours of staying up were finally catching up to me, I felt James' arms pick me up gently and the soft tap-tap of his shoes made me realize he was bringing me back to the dorms. I let myself fall asleep in his arms and he put me down on a couch, he kissed my forehead and left to walk back to his dormitory, I got comfortable and stayed in the couch the entire night.
------------------time skip to morning--------------------
I woke up and saw a bright light flashing from the windows, Marlene came running towards me, smiling with tears running down her cheeks, "Sirius woke!" I sat up quickly, banging my head on the table above me, I rubbed my head with a frown but then smiled happily as Marlene pranced all around the room, wearing a bright smile. She pulled me up from the couch and dragged me towards the Hospital Wing, "Does James know?" She nodded, "He's there helping Sirius get back on his feet, I haven't visited him yet though so let's go!" We started running with smiles on our faces, excited to see Sirius after a week of just seeing a corpse-like figure laying there. We got to the door fast enough, and Marlene pushed open the door, there Sirius was, propped against the wall, looking drained, but still Sirius nonetheless. Sirius seemed to be talking to James sadly, Marlene threw her arms around Sirius but James shook his head vigorously, I gave him a questioning glance until I heard Sirius question, "Who are you?"