Just a dream

"How could you do this to me!" Josh yelled.

"Do what? Get kidnapped?" I shouted louder.

"No, fall in love with him!" He shouted louder than me.

"I couldn't help it," I said.

"I thought you loved me," Josh said.

"I...I did...I do, but..." I stuttered.

"But, what? But nothing," he said. "You either love me or him. You don't get to choose both."

"I can't choose," I said.

"Well, you have to make a choice now. If you choose him, I will not call for help. I'll leave you there to die," he said. "Choose me and I'll tell the cops exactly where you are."

"I...I choose to stay," I said.

"Of course you do," he said. "Go to hell."

Then, I woke up crying. It was just a dream. I kept saying that to myself, but deep inside, I wanted it to be true. I didn't want Josh to call the police. He probably already did though.

I looked up at Lucas who was still sleeping. I didn't want to leave. I wanted to help get his family back. I wanted to stay here.

I stirred to get more comfortable in his arms, but that made him wake up.

"Why are you awake, baby? Is something wrong?" He asked.

"No, bad dream is all. I'll be fine," I assured him.

"Okay," he said before falling back to sleep.

"I love you," I whispered before drifting back to sleep.

-----------------
I'm sorry this is so short. I will be posting more today. I promise ❤️