Communication

"Now, we just need Ethan to play through our little game," Lucas said.

We were watching Ethan on the screens. He finally found the cop's body. He pulled the snake key out.

Lucas couldn't contain his excitement. He went over the intercom, "that pretty little thing will help you find the two keycards you're gonna need to join the party we're havin' in here. You gotta earn your way, Ethan!"

He stepped away from the intercom and looked at me.

"I think we have a minute," he said.

"Mm," I hummed.

I wrapped my arm around his neck and kissed him. I felt his hands on my waist.

All of a sudden, I got really nauseous. I pushed him away and vomited right on the floor.

"Are you okay?" He asked. He didn't know what to do.

"Yeah, I think so," I said.

I stood up and I felt much better.

"I don't know what came over me," I said. "But I feel better now."

"Maybe Eveline is doing something to you?" He asked.

"I have no idea," I said.

We went back to watching Ethan.

Several minutes later, Ethan was in the main hall.

Lucas dialed the number and waited for Ethan to pick up.

When Ethan picked up, Lucas didn't even give him a chance to speak.

"Hey buddy! Remember, those two keycards will get you into the party. Don't be late now!"

Ethan yelled into the phone and Lucas replied, "no no no, you gotta show up first! You haven't forgotten where the party is, have you? You can get in from the courtyard. So come on, man! Everybody's waitin' for ya!"

Ethan was on his way out to the courtyard and Lucas was sitting here waiting to talk to him through the tv. All of a sudden, Eveline showed up in the room.

"Hey Evie!" Lucas said.

"Hi Evie," I said, grabbing my stomach.

"Hello," she said.

"Evie, are you making me feel sick?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"I threw up a little bit ago. I was wondering if it was part of your gift?" I asked.

"No, silly. That's not why you threw up!" She said with a smile. "You have a baby in your belly!"

"I what?" I asked although I had heard her.

"Didn't you hear me? You have a baby in your belly," she said.

"Oh my god, Lucas..." I said.

He walked over to me wrapped his arms around me in a hug and kissed me.

"Wow, you're pregnant baby!" He said with a lot of enthusiasm.

"Yeah, I am!" I said with a smile. I hugged and kissed him back. I looked at the screen and saw that Ethan was sitting in front of the tv.

"Shit, I have to adjust my camera," Lucas said.

He was adjusting it as it came on.

"Ethan, E-than. Ethan Ethan--hold on. Hold on. Hold on. I got something for you."

He leaned backward and grabbed the head that is needed to make the serum.

"Looky looky what I got. You know what this is for?" Lucas said between laughs. "You know what Zoe wants to do with this?"

He laughed and lost balance. He caught himself with his hand and got back up. He was laughing the whole time. "She thinks this thing is special. Mm mm."

He set the head down and grabbed pliers.

I knew what he was going to do and I got queasy.

"No Ethan, that ain't special. This--this right here is special," Lucas said.

He stuck his hand up in front of the camera. He grabbed his fingernails with the pliers and pulled them off one at a time. I had to look away.

"You see, Ethan; not everybody wants to turn back the clock," Lucas said before being interrupted by Eveline.

"Lucas?" Eveline asked.

"What? What Eveline?" Lucas asked impatiently. "I'm just trying to show him. I'm just trying to show him that not everybody wants to go back to how things were. Zoe's a stupid bitch. She doesn't understand that I don't wanna go back to how things were before my father found ya'll."

He turned back to the tv to speak to Ethan again. "Not everybody wants to turn back the clock. So--so Ethan. Ethan? You can, uh--you can um, crawl around underneath that filthy, rotten house all you want, looking for them ingredients, but you ain't gonna find a goddamn thing Ethan. You wanna make that serum? Ooh, baby. You're gonna have to come through me. You hear? Well, come on Ethan. What do you say?"

He turned the video off, which triggered the tv in front of Ethan to explode.

Ethan got up and went forward into the testing area.