In Love with a Sociopath

I woke up the next morning and Lucas wasn't next to me. I laid there a few minutes before getting up and going to the bathroom.

When I was done in the bathroom, I stopped by the Happy Birthday room. Lucas was in there re-setting it up. Why did he have to re-set it up?

I walked in and said, "Good morning, Lucas."

"Oh! You surprised me. Good mornin' baby," he said.

I walked over to him and gave him a good morning kiss. "How are you this morning?"

"Good," he said. "What about you?"

"Good," I said. I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I wish you were next to me when I woke up."

"I'm sorry, I was having trouble sleeping," he said.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"I knew you were upset last night and it was bothering me," he said.

"Really?" I asked. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," he said. "Will you tell me what your nightmare was about?"

"Being taken away from here," I said.

"You mean that?" He asked.

"Yes," I said. "Now, why are you setting this up again? Do you want me to do it faster or something?"

"No," it's for someone else.

"Who?" I asked.

"I'm not a good guy and I'm not going to pretend to be," he said coldly.

I flinched and looked at him, "I didn't say--" I was cut off.

"Did you forget why your here?" He snapped. "We kidnapped you, and I was never under Eveline's control!"

"You just seemed like a good guy on the inside," I said. "You're so sweet."

"That's because I love you," he said. "You are the only thing I love. I'm not going to stop doing what I do because of you though."

"What do you do?" I asked.

"I kill people, and I LOVE it!" He exclaimed.

He walked into another room and dragged a man into the Birthday room. The man was unconscious.

"Meet Clancy Jarvis. He's who I made this here Birthday game for!" He said as he set Clancy against the wall.

Lucas grabbed my wrist and pulled me to an office with a security camera screen. I could see Clancy against the wall.

"What's gonna happen?" I asked.

"He has a camera on him. He has to figure out the game to get free. I'm gonna record it," he said.

"What's the catch?" I asked. "That doesn't seem so bad."

"You'll see," he said. "OH! He's waking up!"

He got on the speaker and gave Clancy the instructions and then told Clancy to begin. I was standing there watching the screen. I was rooting for Clancy to win.

"C'mon," I said to myself quietly.

"Baby, isn't this exciting?" He asked.

"No," I said.

After several minutes, Clancy finally put the lit candle on the cake.

"Yay!" I said.

"This is the BEST part!" Lucas shouted.

The cake started singing a happy birthday song and all of a sudden, the cake exploded and Clancy flew backwards.

"Oh my god!" I shrieked.

"Woo hoo!" Lucas started laughing.

"You're crazy!" I shouted.

I saw Clancy get up and he was limping out of the room when the entire room caught on fire. I watched as Clancy burned to death.

I started crying. Lucas was a complete sociopath. He wasn't crazy. He wasn't insane. He was a cold, hard killer.

"This is what I do!" He said. "This is what I enjoy."

"You're not going to hurt me?" I asked.

"Of course not," he said. "But don't expect me to stop doing what I enjoy because you don't like it. You'll be disappointed."

"May I go to the bedroom?" I asked.

"Yes, but you better be there when I get there," he said.

"I will," I said.

I turned around and I ran as fast as I could. When I got to the bedroom, I collapsed on the bed and cried hard.

I was in love with a killer. I was in love with a sociopath, but the thing is, I wouldn't have it any other way...