I'm Not Going Anywhere

Lucas and I were still laying in bed, naked, staring at each other.

Knock, knock, knock...well actually more like Bang, bang, bang.

"Supper time," Jack said.

"We're comin'" Lucas yelled.

"Don't be late," he said as he was leaving.

We got dressed and kissed before going to supper.

We arrived and it was just Jack, Marguerite, Eveline, Lucas, and I. Mia hasn't joined us for dinner since the incident.

We were in the middle of dinner when there was a knock at the front door.

"I'll get it," Lucas said.

He got up and left the room.

A few minutes later, two cops walk into the room.

"Everyone stop what your doing!" They shouted in unison.

We look up at the cops and set our utensils down.

"Jack Baker? We have a search warrant for your property. There have been several missing persons reports recently. All of them lead us to your farm," one of the cops said.

The second cop was watching me. I tried not to make eye contact with either of them.

He nudged the other cop and made a motion toward me. The first cop pulled out a photo and looked at it and back at me.

"Miss, I'm gonna need you to come with me," he said. He grabbed my arm gently and pulled me up. He started walking me towards the front door to leave the house. Lucas was at the front door. It was shut and locked.

"Excuse me, but I don't believe the young lady wants to leave with you," Lucas said.

"She is a missing person and it is our responsibility to get her home safely," the cop said.

"No..." I said quietly.

"Miss, you aren't thinking rationally. I'm getting you out of here," the officer said.

"I don't want to go," I said. "I'm an adult. I can make my own, FUCKING, CHOICE!"

Within a few seconds, I caught the cop off guard and shoved him into an end table. The table broke and I had him on the ground. I grabbed a leg of the table and I bashed his head over and over until he was lifeless.

"Hey! Get on the ground and put your hands on your head!" The other cop shouted. Jack walked up behind him with his shovel. I looked up, but didn't listen. Jack was just swinging the shovel when the cop pulled the trigger.

Everything happened fast after that. I gasped in pain. I looked down and saw that my body was covered in blood. My own blood. The cop shot me with his shotgun. I looked at Lucas before I fell to the floor. "I love y-," I managed to whisper before everything went black.