~Teaser~

I am perpetually editing this AU and all my others so the comments may seem out of context cause I'm always changing up the writing. I'm never satisfied, please bear with me -_-. Love y'all, please enjoy <3

"I uh...I—"

"Aaron. Just....just say it." The baseball we were playing catch with fell to the ground along with my heart within my chest. An unconscious tremble in my clammy hands. 

He had mentioned previously he may have to leave Phoenix Drop, but it seemed like one of those things you ignored and prayed hard-to-god wouldn't come true. It wasn't. It couldn't have been.

"I'm moving. Confirmed, now at least." He had a grim look on his face, guilt in his voice, as it should.

I tried so hard to hold back my tears, but they gathered so fast. Too fast, all this is too fast.

I felt the first one outline my cheek, then another.

Before you or I knew it, my tears had the furiosity of Niagara falls. This wasn't real. Despite what I had dealt with in my youth already, nothing-nothing could've prepared me for this.

I felt arms—arms I already missed—wrap around me. I sobbed louder, harder, with more sorrow.

I felt his breath skim my forehead,

His hand through my hair,

His voice in only my dreams.

I jolt up in bed, hands clammy with sweat and my mind stuck in denial.

Stop thinking about him, its been fifteen years.

He has forgotten you.

How in the hell have you not forgotten him yet?

Despite graduating medical school with honors, I still grappled, to this very day, with that answer.  

And this very day is the beginning of my next life—my next chapter. It was my first day as a surgical Intern at Phoenix Grace Hospital.

Call me a workaholic, but surgery would always, without fail, get my mind off him. The tangible idea of a life in my hands powerful enough to erase the longing. It was traitorous—the feeling, how much I missed that boy who was still so clearly etched in my memory it didn't make sense. 

It was probably why I did so well in med school and in my studies—Denial, escapism; all old friends.

Today was a new start, a milestone of epic proportions. I felt the swell of pride ebb at my heart as I knew, that work was mine. Even he couldn't take that away from me. 

You stupid, stupid potato

Have a nice day my crystals!