~Assume~

I have decided this book will just have no schedule, but if you guys have ideas for other books to write, just comment!

Aphmau's POV

*Play Song*

Um.

Huh.

...What?

He didn't—He did...

I whip around sharply, almost losing my footing on my current step, the threat of falling becoming a reality once again. 

My lips part to speak, but nothing comes out.

He makes his way up the stairs slowly, with such elegance I felt slight jealousy. 

It just can't be...

No.

I'm dreaming.

"Pinch me." I blurt out loud.

My cheeks flush with crimson.

Idiot.

He heartily chuckles, standing on the step right below mine, still having to angle my gaze upward.

My mouth moved again, but my vocals merely shuddered with shock. 

He rests a thumb at my lips, gentle fingers resting at my cheek. I nearly sank to the floor right there.

"Hey, Shu." Aaron whispers, his gaze taking me in brazenly.

"I—Aaron." Is all I could utter, all that I would allow myself to. 

My heart was pounding, but my brain was criticizing. 

Stop it...

Why should I? Stupid brain.

He will only hurt you once more...

Oh c'mon....I MEAN LOOK AT THOSE CHEEKBONES

Oh boy.

Sadly, his smile wavered into concern, his eyes widening—as if some guilt had finally weaved its way in. 

He pulled his hand away like I burned him, leaving a hollow feeling in its wake.

"Don't—freak out, okay?" He said, trepidation laced in every word that emerged from his pouty lips, like a guilty puppy about to be scolded. 

...Oh.

No.

If I was that kinda of Brain that said I told you so—

Shut up brain!

I don't speak....

Leaf me alone

Pun...

Leave!

Now it was his turn to not get the opportunity to speak, as the intercom came on briefly to reveal the catch.

As all good things...must always come with some sort of catch. Oh, philosophy. 

"Dr. Lycan, to O.B, Dr. Lycan, to O.B."

...What?

I give Aaron a confused look, my eyebrows furrowing at the intercom's last comment.

"Aph—" He tries, but catches himself, unable to meet my gaze suddenly. 

What?

Oh.

Aaron was a Neurosurgery Attending.

So that means—

Told you so.

He is freaking—

Married? Apparently so...

Oooooooooh what happening here?

Have a nice day my crystals!