~Realize~

Aphmau's POV

*Play Song*

I quickly pick up Molly's lab results per Lucinda's request, afterwards, proceeding to enter the empty antiseptic stairway. 

As I am a stubborn creature of habit, I skip steps two at a time, my hair swinging onto my face inconveniently since another one of my gratifying habits was never remembering to have a simple elastic on hand. 

My vision was quite compromised because of this, making it difficult to see, you see? 

So, of course, because the universe has been so damn amazing lately, they had to add onto the list by letting me collide painfully with another individual in my haste up the stairs.

Two thumbs up. Truly. 

 "Oh gods, I-I'm so s-sorry—" I manage out through quivering lips, pushing my hair aside a bit too late. 

My face flushed with a familiar feeling—one I would really appreciate if it were to stay away for the time being.

It was the attending, of course, it was the fucking attending. 

And I couldn't tell if it was just me, or the fact I had been blushing more than a makeup palette, but I saw a small tint of pink illuminated on his cheeks. 

He had—the most...amazing cheekbones. 

I'm a doctor, I'm fascinated with anatomy. What can I say?

"No, the fault is mine—wait, are those the lab results?" He asks with a decadent voice, gesturing to the file within my clenched fits.

Man, I must be on edge. 

"Uh yes, h-here you go." I stutter nervously, trying to regain my traitorous composure. 

He takes it gently, flipping the folder open to scan the page carefully.

No wonder he reminded me of Aaron. The eyes, his eyes—beautiful seemed like the only word that could do them justice but even that didn't feel sufficient. They sparkled as if speckled with stardust, as if coaxing any fellow gazes to get shamelessly lost in their beauty. 

I manage to wedge myself from the stupor, cementing myself in the current situation.

An awkward silence filled the tension-ridden air, no other hospital personnel using the stairs at the current moment so it was just...us and the silence. 

Why was it awkward?

"Good." He states with forced authority and with the taint of something unrecognizable. 

As his full lips parted to speak once, I interrupted him, which was probably a bad idea.

He is my boss.

"Well, this has been fun, but I-I'm going to update more charts—cya!" I quickly escape the conversation with less grace than I would've preferred, continuing on my original route up the stairs.

Although about midway up, I hear him utter words—albeit random words—that melted my heart.

"You know—I happen to like potatoes."

Have a nice day my crystals!