~Flame~

This is darkness I never thought I'd ever achieve.

I do warn you, and any of you easily frightened or depressed..

This will not be a happy chapter.

Aaron's View

*Play Song*

I am startled by a couple screams coming from down the hallway.

The screams I'm used to. I work in a hospital for crying out loud.

But what I'll never be used to, is her scream.

Aphmau.

The fire alarm goes off, as the patients's screaming only increases.

Fire.

Aphmau is still weak from the birth.

She can't run.

No.

Everyone rushes for the exit as I try to push past the crowd to get to Aphmau's hospital room.

Smoke starts filling the hallways as it starts filling my nostrils, its smell potent and strong.

I use my shirt to cover my mouth so it could help filter my oxygen but no such event occurs.

I start coughing as I ran, the wound in my shoulder searing with pain.

Eventually I start leaning down as I ran, most of the smoke mostly concealed to the ceiling.

I rush down the hallway, turning the corner to finally find Aphmau's hospital room, finding Katelyn and Aphmau, tied up and their mouth's duct taped, them both leaning against the wall.

Aphmau was crying hard, the soot starting to gather on both of them.

Then Katelyn sees me, her eyes widening.

She taps Aphmau's shoulder with her shoulder, Aphmau shooting her a angry look.

She then sees me, her sobs increasing.

I quickly come over to them, untieing them, while carefully taking the duct tape off.

The minute the bonds are off Aphmau, she leaps into my arms, wrapping her arms around as she sobbed, the smoke turning her clear tears black.

Everything around us seemed to have a tinge of red.

"Aphmau hey its okay. Wait, where's Angel and Lilith?"

Aphmau doesn't answer, she just keeps crying into my shirt.

"Gene took them and went somewhere in the hospital, I'll get Aphmau out of the building, you go" Katelyn informs me, helping Aphmau off the floor.

"No no, I want to come." Aphmau pleads, standing up.

"Aphmau no, its too dangerous......" I start but she stops me.

"Aaron..he took them—Gene took them." She says between sobs.

A bad feeling sinks my heart...

I try to shake my head of the terrible thought, but it keeps lingering, causing horrific images in my brain.

"Gene—didn't hesitate at killing Alex." She reminds me, my heart sinking more.

"Why would he hesitate with Lilith or Angel?" She sniffles.

"Aph, they're going to be okay. I'll make sure of it, but you need to stay outside the building ,okay? Its dangerous in here." I press my lips against hers, feeling her tears collect with mine.