~Careful~

Aphmau's POV

*Play Song*

"Its this beautiful place in the city with a pool, barbecue area, and disco floor" Travis shares, crunching away at his grilled cheese.

"You sure you want to have your birthday party there?" Katelyn tries to confirm, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, its famous for its parties, its going to be amazing.....trust me you'll be very....." Travis starts, then Zane finishes his sentence with his own words.

"...drunk....you will all be very drunk"

We all burst out laughing, all of us sitting at a table in the cafeteria at the hospital.

I was throwing croutons into Aaron's mouth, resting my legs on his lap.

"Oh and don't worry Aaron, its only about 10 minutes away from hospital"

I raise an eyebrow to Travis, then to Aaron.

"Just wanted to make sure......" Before Aaron can finish, I chuck a crouton at his forehead.

Everyone laughs, casually eating their lunch.

"Okay now I'm confused, why does it need to be near the hospital?" Laurence questions.

"Oh its because someone thinks I'll go into labor 2 weeks earlier than my due date" I remark, my eyes not leaving Aaron, my arms crossed.

"Can't be too careful" Aaron defends, receiving another crouton in his mouth.

"Well anyway, Lucinda is going to be there......right?" Travis bats his eyelashes at her.

"I ain't drinking so you can forget it"

We all break out laughing again as we continue to eat our lunch.

******************

Lilith scrunches her eyes shut and my hand tight as the nurse inserts the chemo therapy needle into her arm.

After the nurse is done and leaves, Lilith looks to me.

"Mommy can I have mwy coloring/colouring bwook?" Lilith asks.

I use both spellings to avoid any sorta conflict.

"Ah ah what's the magic word?" I smile, pulling the book from my bag.

"Unicorns!" She exclaims, her cute highpitched voice too adorable.

"There is another one..." I hint.

"Angels?" I hear someone from behind me guess.

I look up to see Aaron, coming over to Lilith's side.

"Close......but there is still one more.."

"Pwease?" Lilith pleads, showing me irresistible large blue eyes.

"Fine, here you go" I hand her, her starlight colouring/coloring book along with assorted glitter crayons.

"Yay! Thwank you mommy!" She then starts crazily coloring/colouring the images.

Both Aaron and I grin, admiring her determination to fill the whole page with colour/color.

I feel Aaron tap me on the shoulder.

I look to him, his expression worried as he observes the news being displayed on the TV in the room.

"Breaking news: Anyone in the Phoenix Drop area please be cautioned that there is a man on the loose called Ein Ryan. He had previously robbed a local shooting range and had stolen multiple firearms. He hasn't been seen since the robbery but Phoenix Drop border control has not stated he has left the area. All police know is that he has been in contact with an individual in the Phoenix drop Penitiary and is waiting for the right moment, to strike again." The news reporter finishes.

My eyes widen, my eyes shooting to Aaron's.

He notices my expression, bringing me into a hug, my fear rising.

I start whimpering, my mind remembering the past.

"Aph shhhh its okay, he probably doesn't even know you are in Phoenix Drop...."

Ein used to be my bully in elementary school.

He would curse at me, yell at me, hit me, abuse me.

And the thing is he did it secretly, so no one knew.

Nobody knew my pain.

Until Aaron found out.

He stopped it immediately and kept me safe.

Ein moved shortly afterwards, and was never seen again.

Until now that is......

"Aaron.....do you think...." I ask, but Aaron stops me.

"No...no Aph he surely has other motives.........."

"......I.....It just..."

"Shhh its okay, I won't let him anywhere near you, he won't hurt you ever again" Aaron reassures.

"Thanks Aaron, I love you"

"I love you too"

Oh you guys are gonna ssoooo hate me.

Have a nice day my crystals!