~Heal~

Katelyn's POV

*Play Song*

Hectic.

It's been one hell of a hectic week.

Aphmau...

Aaron...

The baby...

Lily and Gene's devastating attack...

What type of cold hearted monsters are they?!

To do something—as horrific as that.

They're both surgeons! Supposed healers...

Gene fixes broken bones and Lily brings babies into the world.

Why would they want to kill this one...

Aphmau was just recently discharged from the hospital, still traumatized as expected after such a life-altering attack.

She says she's fine, but Aaron tells me of the nightmares she has at night.

Her jolting up, screaming for him to stop hitting her...

...For Aaron to stop killing their baby...

She sometimes still thinks that he is the one who did it—lost to the delirious whims of her broken soul. 

Aaron's taken off the past week to be with Aphmau, being with her every minute of every day.

It's really helped Aphmau heal...but still, she is damaged.

Not only damaged in the way of the stitches that lay on her body but damaged in the way that she doesn't feel safe...

She doesn't feel safe...in her lover's arms.

I hope that they can move past this. That she can heal in the way she needs to. 

Even if it doesn't end with him still in the picture. 

*
Aaron's POV

It happens a few times a night on the regular.

She would wake up screaming and yelling, her voice full of anguish as she relives the horrifying pain. Every single time is harsher to bear witness to than the last. 

Just seeing her like this—ravages my heart within my chest. 

I know it wasn't me—I know I didn't do it.

But sometimes...I feel like I did.

Sometimes...I feel like I raged out over her pregnancy.

Sometimes...I feel like I angrily pinned her to the wall by her throat, threatening her life. 

Sometimes...I feel like I powerfully kneed her abdomen until—

I just feel sometimes like it was my fault.

And the pain she must have felt...

The fear...

The guilt...

The regret...

It's unimaginable.

With every time she would shoot up from her nightmares, she would always wake up crying.

Wake up shouting—for me to stop.

We were lying down on our bed, the sky still dark. My arms around her, her head snuggled on my chest, well at least till she wakes up again.

"AAAAAHHHHH STOP—PLEASE!" She screams, her voice whispy and high pitched, her voice also muffled by sobs.

"Hey, hey—hey shhh I'm here. You're okay...you're okay." I assure, bringing my hand up and down her hair.

That would usually be it. After that she would attempt to go back to sleep. Back to the land of the horrific nightmares which would just as soon spit her back out. 

Though, this time, she speaks again.

"But he isn't okay...the baby."

I pull away just enough so I could take her face into view, the usually distinct sharp features difficult to identify in the dark.

"It was a boy?" I question softly.

She hadn't said anything regarding the baby since...

She slowly nods, her eyes bloodshot and her face slack with exhaustion.

"I went—" She sniffles, her whimpers echoing throughout the night.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." I caress her cheek, feeling the dried up tears that had seeped into her skin.

"You should know, it might help. It might help us heal."

"Only if you're ready." My hand still on her cheek, rubbing my thumb along her cheekbone coated in a layer of dried tears. 

"I went out of town to get my ultrasounds done. I didn't want anyone else to know until you did and...and..."

"...You weren't ready to tell me." I finish her sentence, a sad feeling engulfing my heart with the goal of tearing it apart.

"I wasn't—though I did feel overjoyed when I found out he was a boy. I was scared, Aaron. We'd only been dating for a few months and we weren't even close to being married—" Before she can finish, I stop her by placing a thumb to her lips. 

"It's doesn't matter how long we've been dating or if we were married or not, I wouldn't have let you go through that alone...you should never feel alone."

"Thank you, Aaron, so much. I love you..."

            "I love you too"

Have a nice day my crystals!