~Time~

Aaron's POV

*Play Song*

~4 months later~

The lumps of meat sizzle on the grill, their savoring aroma filling the air.

I flip them periodically, their scents becoming more tempting by the minute.

"Good afternoon to you, good sir. How ya doing?" Travis pats my back, standing next to me.

"Doing good, Travis. Did you and Katelyn pass your intern exams?"

"Ya, and of course, Katelyn passed with flying colors. What about Aphmau?"

"It's Aphmau, she would be watching zombie movies right now if she didn't pass." I remarked dryly.

"Ha—wait, how's Aphmau doing? I know its been 4 months but—"

"She's been okay, but she doesn't dare go near water, not even the bathtub, just any body of water she doesn't dare..." I reply, voice hardening at the memory of the horrific event.

"Oh, well, apologies for bringing it u, by the way." He blinked, voice dropping to a whisper. "Oh, yeah, I also wanted to pass you the thing."

He passes me a small box, which I hastily stuff into my pocket.

"Thanks, man—Oh hey, wait, what happened to popping the question to Katelyn?" I inquire, flipping one of the patties.

"I don't think we're ready yet, plus wouldn't want to steal your thunder man, oh by the way, how's Lilith, heard you guys got permanent guardianship of her. Congrats!"

Do you know how long it takes to get guardianship of a cancer kid?

Let's just say its no walk in the park.

But it was worth it.

"Thanks" I look towards the pool, seeing everyone around the pool, even Lilith was splashing about in the pool, showing off her swimming skills.

Aphmau was watching from one of the lounge chairs, watching everyone play in the water.

She must have noticed I was looking at her, because she meets my gaze, smiling, sparking me to smile back.

"....Well looks like you guys are ready though, good luck man"

Then he heads towards the pool, jumping in too, leaving me thinking.

Then Aphmau looks back towards the pool.

What if......she's not ready?

Its been almost a year since her last incident nightmare....

Nightmares where I was the antagonist....

Nightmares where I was cold blooded murderer.

But only four months since the.....pool incident......

Maybe.....maybe she isn't....

But if she is......

My thoughts are then interrupted by the repetitive ringing of my phone.

I pick it up, answering it.

"Hello, this is Dr. Lycan" I greet.

"Dr. Lycan, I'm from the Phoenix Drop Penitentiary, and I'm calling regarding a certain prisoner requesting to see you"

What......

Gene?

What does he want?!

"May I please know their name?"

"Lily Falcon....." 

Been a while since I've done a short chappie, but this chappie did reveal a lot of information.

Have a nice day my crystals!