5:15 AM

i woke up early today. i couldn't fall back to sleep so that's a kill joy. i don't mind waking up early, i like to take my time before Ii start my morning commute. i got showered early but I didn't put a shirt on yet since i was feeling hot. i decided to come to work lazy, i don't always have to dress so professionally. munching on my cereal in sweats, i heard knocking at the door. my head turns to the door, then the clock next to it. it read 5:23 am. i sigh, knowing it's yoongi.

"what?" i open the door. he froze, he didn't speak for a bit. "well?" i snap in his face. he shakes his head before mustering up the courage to speak again.

"i kind of wanted to walk to the station with you." he scratched the back of his head.

"come in," i open the door wide, "want any breakfast?" i ask.

"sure, i forgot to grab something anyways." he plops on my couch.

i pull out some eggs, milk, bacon, pans, spatulas, plates, and chopsticks. i whisk the eggs and milk and pour it into the pan, letting it sizzle. i start on the bacon and watch it sit on the other pan as i munched on cereal. i finish up the breakfast and serve it to him before taking a seat not too far from him. i watched as he ate everything, not leaving a single piece of rice behind. i finished my cereal halfway before he could finish and i sat there, a cold bowl on my chest.

"let me." i grab the bowl and the plate. he nods and i walk away, putting the dishes in the sink before soaking them in water.

"jimin, why don't you have a shirt on?" he faces me.

"it's kinda hot in here." i shrug.

"jimin are you sick?" he gets up.

"i'm fine." i wave him off and take a seat. he surprised me by pressing his cold hands on my forehead and neck, feeling my temperature.

"you're really warm, i think you're sick." he worriedly looks at me.

"i'm a doctor, i can tell if i'm sick or not and i'm not sick." i argue.

"you're a doctor who can't tell if he, himself, is sick. you're stubborn, call in sick." he hands me my phone.

"i'm reading to the children today." i lie.

"bullshit," he scoffed, "stay here."

"no, i have work."

"you're sick."

"and i have work."

"you need to stay here."

"no i don't."

"yes you do."

"no."

"stop arguing with me and stay here."

+

edited.

—l