6:30 AM

"a little early are we?" i turn to see the mint-haired man taking a seat beside me on the bench as i wait for the subway car that arrives in approximately 17 minutes.

"hmm." i hum, going back to reading chapter 3 of the book i started yesterday.

"not much of a talker, are you?" he lets out a soft sigh.

i shake my head, reading as i try to ignore this stranger. what feels like every minute, he inches closer and closer, just about a centimeter or two with each passing. i can already smell his cologne and it smells like heaven. i felt like melting, but i know i'd freeze up since it's fucking cold out here. i stiffen up a little as i continue reading. this stranger seems to be one of the nosy types; the ones who just met you and already want to know what you're doing even if it's fucking obvious.

"what book is this?" he asked, his head almost touching my left shoulder.

"a million worlds with you by claudia gray." i huff, going back to reading.

"is it good?" he mumbled softly.

"yeah." i nod.

hearing a low hum, i look up to see faint lights of the subway car making its way towards us. i bookmark my spot and tuck it under my arm, grabbing my bag in my free hand. i let out a soft sigh before finding my regular spot. this nosy stranger sits beside me, but gets comfy, leaning on the pole with his hood up. i see his eyes shut and he crosses his arms, drifting off to a peaceful slumber on the way to his stop. i sigh in relief.

"finally, now he'll stop talking to me." i mumble, pushing my glasses up.

+

edited

— l