9:21 AM (Pt. 3)

"eomma, what's gay?" yejin looks up at her with curious eyes. i was nervous, keeping my gaze on her. expecting her to disown me, she gets up and hugs me from behind.

"you've given me a reason to love you even more," she whispers, "i'm proud of you." i can tell she's crying.

"eomma, don't cry." i turn to face her.

"i love you." she hugs me again.

"i love you too, eomma." i pat her back. we all face forward and jinyoung gives me a soft smile.

"i love you, son." dad pats my back.

"thank you," i mumble, "for being supportive."

"of course we'll be supportive," she chuckles, "your cousin came out last week."

"which?"

"kookie."

"really?"

"yeah, he's bisexual." she grins.

"good for him."

"it really is."

"so," jinyoung interrupts, "how'd you guys meet?"

"subway." we spoke at the same time. i look at him and we begin to laugh, causing my family to have smiles etched on their faces.

"i talked to him first, he was a complete ass but i didn't care." yoongi shrugs. i can tell he's getting more comfortable around the family.

"that really sounds like our jimin. He can be really mean at first but once you pester him long enough for him to consider you as a friend, he's a nice guy." mom grins at me.

"i like to keep to myself." i shrug.

"we can see that." dad piped. the table bursts into laughter, making us all smile.

"i'm not a fan of sharing my thoughts." i shrug once again.

"you're like a book that's been bound shut. no matter how hard we try to rip through the bound and open up the book, it remains shut. it's also kind of like a book written in a different language. you can open up, show us things, but we can't read you." yoongi spoke confidently.

"i like you." mom grins at him.

"he's my boyfriend!" yejin shouts, grabbing ahold of his hand.

"yejin, you're too young." jinyoung rolls his eyes.

"you're too old." she fired back.

"my heart." he fakes hurt, making me grin.

"let's watch a movie while the sun sets, yeah?" dad gets up.

"yoongi and i will help you." i stand. yoongi stands too, following dad and i.

"alright, i need you boys to help me get the screen up." he lets out a cough.

"will do," i mumble, "yoongi, go to the other side." i tell him.

we raise the two poles up that had the screen on it. since the screen was too high for me to reach and pull down, yoongi lifted me on his shoulders so i can get it. of course, i apologized in the end after pulling the screen down because i am self conscious about my weight. i apologized and told him that i was probably a little heavy.

"jimin, shut up," he surprised me, "you're not heavy. you're pretty light so don't worry about it, okay? don't worry about your weight because trust me, you're not overweight. you're perfect." he reassured me.

"really?" i mumble.

"yes," he chuckles, "don't worry about it."

"alright boys, i need you to help me get the projector set up along with all the complicated cords." dad chuckles. we nod obediently and help him out. we ended up taking longer than expected; half an hour to figure out which cord goes where.

"movie time!" mom squeals, bringing her laptop out.

we find comfy chairs to lay out and we ended up having one short. so, yoongi and i had no choice but to share since yejin and jinyoung were too stubborn to share their chairs. mom and dad would share a chair if there was enough space. yejin suggested a disney movie first, so we ended up watching tangled. i think i surprised yoongi by reciting nearly every line from the movie. it's one of my favorites and i've seen it thousands of times since yejin loves it so much. i caught yoongi smiling from ear-to-ear here and there, and i found it cute. not gonna lie. since we turned our only guest room into an office for my dad, yoongi and i had to share the room tonight. we went up after dinner and 2 movies later.

i had a bowl of almonds on my night stand. i was reading and snacking as i tried to fall asleep. as for yoongi, he was out like a light. when i'm really into a book, i do this thing where i can't stop fidgeting my feet and tapping on the cover of the book. yoongi moved a little here and there and i caught myself glancing over at the pale older, freezing up so i can know he's moving because he wants to be comfy, and not because i was fidgeting. my heart raced a little here and there too, and i felt confused. i was up for another 30 minutes until yoongi told me to go to bed.

"jiminnie, it's late. you can finish reading and snacking tomorrow." his sleepy, raspy voice croaks. i found it attractive, if I'm not lying.

"a-alright." i bookmark the book and put it beside the almonds. i take off my glasses and turn off the light, laying on my back.

"good night." he whispers to me.

"good night."

+

edited.

—l