A New Life

Glory PoV:

They were huddled together, like that were trying to protect something.
Well they succeded, because when I looked at what they were huddled against, I saw baby Calipso.
She was so Smol and cute! She was a warm chocolate brown, with bright sea blue eyes, and tan freckles right on her cheeks. Wait, now that I look at her, I can see small dark blue tips on her ears.

I have to care for her.
I know now more than ever.

Her parents are dead.

She needs me...

~~~~~~~~~~•0•Timeskip•0•~~~~~~~~~~
2 weeks

"C'mon Calipso, just a little further. I'm sure of it" I told my little deer buddie. It's been a few weeks since the fire, and we still haven't found some good civilization that wouldn't abuse us like where Ash was from. Where is he. I hope he's safe at least. "Aww! You've been saying that for the last 5 hours!" Calipso complained, "Well this time I'm sure of it!" "And how is that?" "Cuz I can see it" "Really!?" I could see the front gates of a village with a huge sign reading, "Oh'kasis" I said aloud. "Well what are you waiting for? An invitation? Let's go already!!" Calipso shouted, "Shhshhshh, heh, ok let's go" I said, pulling up the hoodie I had made from pieces of my super long gown.

We walked up to the front gates, and we're greeted harshly by the guards.
"Who are you and what are you doing here?" One of the guards questioned in a steely voice. I could see that Calipso was intimidated but she tried her best to look vigilant *le inner proud tears* my baby's so good, "My name is Ginger, and I came for work" I replied calmly.
Calipso looked up at me, most likely confused at my fake name, so I just tapped her head as the guards nodded and opened the gates for me.

Timeskip brought to you Boi tEm flakes hOI!!1! =3

We had been here for a month or two and I had found a job washing dishes, which payed surprisingly good money, for the easy loads of 30 dishes per hour that have to be cleaned.
And when I wasn't working, I was begging the high priest if I could perform for money. Apparently if you want to perform or do anything that's not a job for money, you have to ask high priest Zane Ro'meave.
"Why don't you just give up on trying to get him to say yes?" Calipso asked me one day after coming back from Zane's caslte, "Heh heh. Cuz tomorrow he said he would watch an example of my performance to determine if I'm allowed to go!" I replied. Calipso looked happy and tired, so I put her to bed and fell asleep with the fuzzy warm ball of brown fur in my arms.

Tomorrow was going to be a good day! :)