Empire Pt. 1

Ash PoV;

I gave the child to Legend, she would take good care of her. Though, I feel bad about doing this to her. We have no idea where Glory went, now Legend is burdened with that, and a child.

I can't think about that now, we're planning to go and find the one who ordered the attack on that poor town.

Aphmau is assembling a team to go and confront Oh'khasis. I obviously volunteer, along with most of our guard.

Legend ended up coming with us, leaving Kawaii~Chan to take care of the baby for a while.

After a few hours of walking and worrying, we finally made it to the gates of Oh'khasis. Everyone was nervous.

But me on the other hand?

Oh I was ready to fight.

Aphmau knocked on the gate, and after a few moments, a guard came to peer over the wall.

"What's your purpose here?" He questioned with a voice of high authority.

Aphmau took a step back and stated with even more authority, "We are from Phoenix Drop, and we must speak with your leader,"

The guard thought for a second before disappearing for a minute. The gate opened and I released the breath I hadn't known I was holding in.

We walked through the front gates, being greeted by guards with swords and spears. The guard that opened the gate signalled for them to lower their weapons.

We then walked inside and we were escorted to the church in the center of town.

Even before the doors swung open we could hear yelling. To be honest it sounded like a married couple arguing.

The guards opened the large doors and aphmau stood tall, walking forward immediately.

When my eyes adjusted to the bright light, I could see two large thrones, one silver and one gold, in the golden one was the high priest, Zane Ro'meave, and on the silver one was someone facing him in a dark blue dress and a black veil, covering their face.

Zane glanced at us and hisses at the woman on the silver throne, "We'll settle this later.." She turns her head towards us and seems to have a very threatening aura.

Aphmau clears her throat, "Greetings, I am Aphmau of Phoenix Drop, and I have come to speak with you about a village near our town,"

"What village?" Zane asks, " A village called Stone Hearth, we recently found their home and most of the town was dead. A woman was alive long enough to tell us that Oh'khasis soldiers attacked them," she replied.

Zane glances at the woman with a small glimmer of venom, but continues, "Well we have not sent any soldiers near any town named Stone Hearth,"

I interject, not being able to stop myself, "Lies! That woman have me her kin at her moment of death, and I am supposed to believe she was lying?"

Zane glared at me and Lucinda puts her hand on my shoulder, telling me there's no use. Aphmau apologizes for me and they continue to talk about the town.

I had drowned out their conversation, and submerged myself into my own frustrated thoughts.

After a while I come back to reality and realize Aphmau was ending their conversation.

"If there is anything I can do for you-" she is cut off by the woman in the silver throne, "Do yourself a favor and exit this town immediately, you interrupted our meeting with your petty accusations, and you are getting on my nerves, good day to you,"

I get annoyed and notice Legend's ear twitch at her voice. We walk out and as the door closed I look back once more to see them start to talk again.

I hear a loud banging noise from downstairs and I run down, opening the door.

"Ash, there is no time to explain, but I need you to grab your weapon and remember our training. Like now," Katelyn says urgently, rushing me to my closet to get my things.

I do as she says and follow her as she runs to the front gates, climbing up the wall and looking over.

I peer over and go wide eyed at the large amount of soldiers banging at the gates.

"Why are there soldiers trying to get in??" I ask, " That's what we're trying to find out!!" Katelyn yells.

I look back down and see some at the front breaking the gate down, "Oh no.."

745 words