Searching

Legend PoV;

I walked outside of my house, lifting my arm to block the sun's bright beams of golden light shining in my eyes, and went over to the part of the town border closest to my house.

I climbed up the ladder and hopped over the fences, grabbing a vine as I slid down the sturdy stone walls. I crouched in a bush immediately, flicking my tail and twitching my ears in alert, listening for any sounds of people nearby.

The coast seemed clear, so I cautiously slid out of the bushes and walked silently away from the town.

As soon as I felt as if I were a safe distance away, I slunk against a tree and sighed in relief. Finally, a break from all the drama in that place, I thought to myself as I walked around calmly.

As I explored a bit, I heard a branch snap not too far to the West. My ears twitched as I dropped into a crouch and stalked silently towards the noise.

My eyes widened in surprise as I spotted Ash, "Travis! Be more careful, there could be enemies out here!" I saw him yell behind him.

Travis walked past him and shrugged, I heard a smack and saw Ash holding back a laugh as Travis winced loudly.

"He's right you know, be more careful ya' dingus!" I heard Katelyn yell. I smiled and decided to show myself.

I stepped out of the bushes, causing Ash to jump while Katelyn turned around and pulled out her gauntlets. "Hey guys," I say coolly as they settle down.

Travis jumps out from behind Katelyn, "What are you doing out here??" "I could ask you the same," Ash lifts an eyebrow as Katelyn explains.

"We're looking for Glory, she was late for training and we couldn't find her in town," I nod and sigh.

Ash suddenly gets a light in his eyes, "Hey Legend! Why don't you help us find her?" Travis lifted an eyebrow in confusion, "I mean, she was able to find and sneak up on us without any of us knowing, she must have a knack for finding things," Katelyn nods.

My tail goes up as they nod in agreement. I smile and walk with them.

After a while of walking and seeing a bunch of cool plants and animals, my ears shoot up and twitch at a faint high pitched sound.

"Guys did you hear that?" I said, looking around with wide eyes, "Hear what?" Travis responded.

"I just heard something-" My tail fluffs up as I hear it again, but this time it lasts longer. "This way!" I say suddenly say as I run towards the sound, trusting that my friends will follow.

I can't exactly remember what happened after I ran off.

But I came across a small clearing with a tall stone tower in the middle. "Woahhhh!" I hear Ash say from behind me, "You think Rapunzel lives up there?" He says with a smirk as Katelyn punches his arm.

"Guys this is serious I-" I hear the sound again, but this time it's much louder, and it's coming from inside the tower, and as my friends go silent, I realize that there indeed is someone inside the tower.

And they're screaming as loud as they can.

531 words