Monstrous Events

Glory PoV;

I emerge, gasping, from the water, my ears flat to my head in annoyance.

I spit out water and start trudging along the stairs again, I was almost to the top, I could just make out a light coming from the top of the steps when I get high enough.

I walked up, and once I got past where I had last fell, I realized there were no more traps.

I was about to step on the last step before entering the room, but decided to skip it just in case.

When I entered the room I squinted my eyes to adjust to the amount of light. When I open them all the way, I look around to see a stone room that is light up golden from light coming from nowhere, and a small pedestal with a cloth over the item on top of it.

I twitched my ears curiously, slowly walking towards the object.

Just as I was about to grab it, I heard a voice coming from the window, "Well well, finally someone who passed. Luckily I know how to cremate" My eyes widen as the ball of gases appear from the window.

My ears flattened and my tail puffed as I realized the vase of dust at the bottom of the tower was ashes of all the people who did not pass the "test"...

"Who are you?" I tried my best to keep my voice steady and keep my ground at the gas floated around my, seeming to study me.

"I've gone by many names-" I interrupt him, "Oh my Irene you're a super villain from the books," he seemed to chuckle at my assumption.

"Very well then, I'm the bad guy.." he seems to laugh creepily.

I try to back out and leave the way I came, but I run into stone, and realize there WAS no escape.

I started to get drowsy, and as my vision started to fade out, all I remember was thinking, There's no surviving this one..

326 words