The Interview.

Zane's PoV:

Uggh. Social interaction. Why do I have to do this.
"Zane!~ Don't you remember what your doing today!" My mother, Zianna, was reminding me of what I had agreed to yesterday. I'm still regretting my decision. "Yes mom. I have to watch someone perform." I told her putting on my best show voice.

When will life end.

~smol timeskip~

I was sitting at my stand to listen to complaints and requests. Sigh, it's almost time. I hate my life. I really really don't want to do this. Mostly because I have to ask her questions and stuff.
Suddenly my mom Came through the door, "Zu-Zu! I heard it was almost time for the interview, so I came to watch!" She stated, a little too cheerfully. Oh who am I kidding, it was like a hurricane of happiness just blinded me when they came into the room, "Mom! Stop calling me that!!" I replied with angry eyes."Fine. But here she comes!"
I could see her know. She was coming through the front door, greeting the guards. I had noticed that every time she came here to ask for permission, she would hear more of the guards conversations, and eventually she became good friends with them. Uggh. Even more of a reason to hate this.
Of course my mom ran straight over to her to greet her, "Glory darling!~ It's so nice to finally meet you! I'm Zianna! Zane's mother!," she said cheerfully, "Zane has told me how you look so I know who you are." She winked at her.
She. WINKED. AT. HER. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!? "He talks about me?"she replied, glancing at me.

Shoot.

I'm royaly screwed..

"Oh yes! Every time you come over! I ask him what he does during work, and he seems to see you everyday! I've really started to take a liking to you! I like to ask him about how you look and act *wink*" she talked softer on the last sentence.

AND WHAT'S WITH ALL OF THE WINKING!?!?

Mom helped set up a table and supplies with the girl. Surprizingly, I've never heard her name over the months that I've seen her.
Once she was done setting up I started, "Before you start I need to ask you a few questions."

(Just to make this easier
Zane
Glory)

What's your name?
Glory
Last name?
Umm, Lockheart.
Profession?
I clean dishes. Working up to a waitress.
Species?
Is this question really necessary?
Yes. I can't tell if you are meifwa, werewolf, or human because of your hood.
I-i don't know..

Okay what? I thought to myself.

How can you not know?
I-i... *sigh* *takes off hood* I don't know...
O-oh.. Well, I guess you can start know.

She looked up at me and smiled. I just noticed how short she was, a good few inches lower(my smol bean!!).
Why did she smile? I thought I was scary.
She started to use her supplies to...

Cook?

She started to cook and do tricks I've never seen. I've seen people toss things in the air, but that's it.

After her performance I was deciding if I should allow her, "One more question. Why would people pay to watch someone cook?" "Oh! If they pay that get a show and cheap food!" She replied brightly. "Hmmmm.." I said, sounding more septic all than anticipated. "*sigh* Look, I don't like doing this as much as you do. I honeslty just want to make a little more money and make a living." She stated, surprizing me a bit "*sigh* I-i guess you can give it a shot, but I will be checking in on you to see if it is successful. Because if it's not, you will have to abandon it. Deal?" I finally answered, "Yes! Thank you!!" She said, literally jumping up and down, "See you later Zane!" I looked at her curiously after she called me by my name.
No one ever calls me Zane anymore.
They all call my Mr. Ro'meave, or High Priest.

Hmmmm...

655 words