Surprises

AshPoV;

I heard that they found a new town on patrol, and we all decide to send a party to check it out.

The group has me, Legend, Garroth, Nicole, Lucinda, and Dante.

Dante and Legend lead the party, showing us the way to Stonehearth.

When we see a sign, they turn to us, "Alright, we have never been past this point," Legend prepares us, "So keep your eyes and ears open for any movement, weapons drawn," she gets pulls out a small dagger and moves forward, Dante and I pull out our swords, going behind Legend, as Nicole and Lucinda draw their own weapons.

We go deeper into the forest and cautiously get closer to the town.

We soon come across a border wall, and quickly find the entrance.

The gates are broken and there are guards lying down dead beside them.

We all gasp as we peer inside and see the town was dead.

There was blood and bodies everywhere.

We looked around and i ended up hearing a cry.

I look into a house and see a woman holding a newborn baby, the woman having several stab wounds in her back.

She shakily holds her baby closer, turning to me with weak defiance in her eyes as she protects her baby.

I kneel next to her, "I am not here to harm you," I say to her, "What happened here?"

She calms down and explains how soldiers attacked their camp, yelling 'Glory to O'khasis'.

She starts to cough, blood coming out of her mouth as her baby keeps crying. "Please, take her," She hands me the child, "I won't live long enough to raise her, please care for her.." she closes her eyes and lies down, smiling.

I walk out and return to my friends.

"O'khasis will pay" is the only thing I said before heading back the Phoenix Drop, they follow silently as I pray for the woman's safe travel to heaven.

313 words