Awaken

Legend PoV;

It had been a few days since we had concluded that Glory was a runaway, and we were all on edge as the border patrols were more frequent, expecting a raid from O'khasis any minute.

I walked in the camp, returning from patrol and decided to check up on Emmalyn and Kenmur while they research the crown we found.

I entered the library where they were staying, and waved to Emmalyn as she covered Kenmur up in a blanket, he had fallen asleep while reading, and i knew she didn't want him to catch a cold in the upcoming winter.

She walked over to me, "What can I do for you Legend?" she said quietly, "Just checking in on the research on the crown," I replied"

"Oh! Well we actually found out that it's an old relic, that when worn, it gives the bearer right to an empire! But it's said that whoever wears it is cursed with evil, and was lost to the history books after the rumour spread," she says excitedly.

"Well then," I reply, "We better keep it extra safe, we wouldn't want it to fall into the wrong hands now would we" she smiles and nods as she returns to her research, I decide to go home and leave her to it.

~

I hear a loud noise in the middle of the night.

I had spent the rest of the day helping Dante and Nicole train Nekoette and Dimitri, and went home to get a good night's rest.

I shoot up out of bed and look out the window, I see that papers are flying out the door of the library, carried by the wind.

I get dressed and go over to it, seeing Emmalyn on the floor, and Kenmur freaking out above her.

"What the heck happened here??" I say shocked.

"I-I don't know!" Kenmur replied looking scared, "I was in the back and I heard a loud noise, and when I came out here she was knocked out cold!!"

I examine her and see a small bump on her head, as she starts to stirr.

She groans and tried to sit up, "No no no no noooo, you need to rest missy, you got a bad bump on your head," I push her down to the ground and she holds her head in pain.

"Come on, lets get her to Aphmau.."

~

Me and Kenmur got Emmalyn to Aphmau's house and we waited in the living area for her to wake up.

When Aphmau finally called us up, she took us to one of her guest bedrooms, and waited outside.

"Emmalyn, what happened? Do you remember who attacked you?" I asked as soon as she looked at me.

She shakes her head, "All I remember is a pain in my head, and when i turned around someone took the crown from my hands and jumped out the window" she replied shakily.

I nod and leave them to talk, getting the info I needed. I see Aphmau and walk up to her, "Hey aph, have you checked on Glory today?"

"No I don't think so, you want to?" she replies kindly.

"Sure!" I answer as she points me to the other guest room.

I open the door and look around, seeing a dresser, a night stand and a bed.

An empty bed..

Glory was missing.

538 words