chapter 21👑

ella

"come on el, we got the big game against iceland today." connie shakes me out of my sleep. i jump up.
"it's game day, ladies." i say through a yawn as i stretch.
"um hello." luis says sitting up in his bed.
"oops sorry. correction- it's game day ladies and luis." i correct. the girls laugh as luis gives me the death stare. i giggle and throw the covers off me and sit next to luis, wrapping an arm around his shoulders and kissing him on the cheek.
"you know you still love me brotha." i say.
"sadly i do sista." he says with a laugh. someone then knocks on the door.
"wake up kids, its game day!" coach yells with excitement through the door. i laugh as i spring out of luis' bed and grab a pair of clothes so we can get to the stadium. i quickly run into the bathroom and change. i brush my teeth and hair and braid my hair into my signature two long french braids. i walk out of the bathroom and connie walks in, it's been a repeating process since we have gotten here, me, connie, julie, then poor luis comes last. i grab my hockey bag and stick and walk out into the living room area where some of the team is sitting around a tv. i walk over and drop my things, i sit down next to adam who's sitting on the coach on his phone. he looks up and smiles. he wraps his arm around my waist and i lay my head on his shoulder.
"good morning to you too ella." averman says sarcastically from the floor. i laugh and roll my eyes. coach walks in sitting down next to us on the couch, now all we are waiting on is luis, julie, and connie. finally the three walk into the living room.
"finally." i sigh.
"oh shut up." connie laughs. i get up and walk over to her, slinging an arm around her shoulders.
"who's ready to beat iceland!" charlie screams as we all walk out of the door. we all cheer and scream as we walk to the stadium. as we arrive in front of it, i take a quick look.
this is it.

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

"oh my god." i whisper to myself as i watch to see if julie saved the puck and won the game for us. i watch closely as she drops the puck to the ice leaving the iceland player astonished.
"we did it! we did it!" i scream and throw my hands up. i jump over the bench and skate towards her and engulf her in a hug.
"you did it julie!" i scream as we pull apart.
"no, we did it." she screams over the cheers. i smile as i give her another quick hug. i skate over to charlie and coach and hug both of them. i see ava and adam talking around center i've. i quickly skate over and hug ava.
"hey what about me?" adam pouts. i laugh as i throw my arms around him.
"we did it blushie." adam whispers as we pull apart to face each other.
"yeah, we did banksie." i smile. he cups my cheeks with his hands and pulls me to his lips. the minute our lips connect i get the same feeling i do whenever i am around this boy, pure happiness.
we pull apart smiling like idiots.
"yeah ava!" i hear connie yell as she has her arms wrapped around guy's neck. i turn my head to see ava and charlie kissing.
"aw they are too cute." i squeal. adam laughs and grabs my hand. we skate over the the team and we group hug. we celebrate and laugh, we were all so happy. i love my team.

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥
after the game , we all went into this wooded area and we set up a fire and roasted marshmallows to celebrate. i say on a log next to adam, connie, and luis. the rest of the team was scattered around on logs that surround the fire we made.
"you're not supposed to set it on fire goldberg." charlie yells as he stomps out goldberg's marshmallow that had caught in flames. we all laugh as 'we are the champions' comes on over the radio we are listening to.

i've paid my dues , time after time.
i've don't my sentence, but committed no crime,
and bad mistakes, i've made a few
i've had my share of sand kicked in my face but i come through

we are the champions my friends
and we'll keep on fighting , till the end
we are the champions, we are the champions
no time for losers cause we are the champions
of the world.

we all sing the song rocking back and forth. i smile to myself as i look at all of my teammates, no they aren't my teammates, they are my family.

so theses past few months i've had my ups and downs, wins and losses, but i've had my FAMILY to get my through it all. so i guess you could say that my love for adam is
hockey love.

and that's a wrap. this makes me super sad that the story is over lmao, but i'm making a squeal for D3 and i'll probably be posting the first chapter today of tomorrow.
i love you guys.

word count- 903 words :)