The New Assistant

Celeste POV

Theo asked if I wanted to go on a trip with just me and him. Of course I would say yes. Who wouldn't want to right? So we planned to go on road trip to Kuujjuaq, Quebec because we really wanted to see the northern lights. I told him that I have an RV that we can take, so I'm going to the grocery store to get some stuff. I found out that traveling has been a tradition in his family, just like mine.

I go inside the store and pick up some fresh fruits, vegetables, dried food, canned foods, and some junk food. I go to the cashier and get a call.

"Hey babe,"

"Hello, my favorite British man." I try to put on my best English accent. I put the groceries on the belt.

"Oh wow...you're getting better." He chuckles.

"Yup, I've been practicing." I pay the lady.

"I'm proud, so where are you?" I grab the bags and head out to the driveway.

"I just came out of the grocery store, are you ready?" I open the door and walk up the stairs. I put the bags on the table and get my keys. I sit in the drivers sear and turn the ignition on.

"Yea I am, you know the address right?"

" Yup, I'll be there in 10 minutes."

"Alright, hurry I miss you." I giggle.

"I'll be there in an hour." I hear nothing but silence.

"Don't play with my emotions like that." I laugh.

"Alright, I'm sorry. Seven minutes, I gotta go." I hang up and make my way to his house.

I'm at his front gate in a couple of minutes and the security guard comes up to me. I open the door.

"What is your name, ma'am?"

"Celeste."

"Theo will be coming out shortly." I waited for 2 minutes. I can see him bringing a suitcase, a guitar and a telescope. He walks up the stairs, kisses me on my cheek and walks in.

"You can put the stuff in the cabinet beside the kitchen." He goes and puts it away. Once he comes back and closes the door, I get up so he can drive and I sit beside him. I love the way the RV is made. The door is behind the driver's seat so I have a window.

He puts on Kings of Convenience. I snap my head to him. "You like them too?" He looks at me, and we both kind of look at each other.

"Of course!" I smile at him. He just brings me so much joy, I can't stop laughing and smiling when I'm around him. He winds down our window and I stick my face outside.

"I love the countryside, it makes me feel so much closer to nature. It's like therapy for me."

"You took the words out my mouth." I look at him and smile.

"You're too good to be true, do you know that?" He says to me and I pinch his cheek.

"You falling for me already?" He looks at me mischievously and leans in until we are inches away.

"Maybe I am." I turn his head to the road.

"See that thing? It's called the road keep you eyes on it." He turns back around and looks at me.

"I'd much rather look at you." I blush like a cherry and quickly turn back his face, then I look back out of the window and get an idea.

"Let's get a dog!" Theo looks at me.

"Really!?" He sounds like a kid when their mom says that they can have candy.

"Yeah, oooh lets get a Yorkie." He nods.