Reunion

Theo POV

I open the door to my old house. I love coming back here. It brings me back to the days when I used to love to pack and go on family trips together.

"Mom and Dad, I'm home." The housekeeper greets me at the door. I haven't seen her in years.

"How are you Theo?'' I hug the old fragile lady.

"I'm great, Mary. And you?" She hugs me back. She has the same scent as before. Peppermint and new books.

"I'm old as always." She smiles at me and pinches my cheeks. I laugh.

"Where are mom and dad?" She pointed to the living room.

So, I made my way into the living room. The black and white walls calmed me almost immediately. The minimalistic designs in this house really kept me sane. My father always used to say that less is better most of the time. I really believe that to be true and even though we live this luxurious life, he always said to be humble and nice to everyone 'cause you never know what they might become one day.

I walk into the living room and see my parents sitting on the couch, talking.

"SON, how are you? I missed you." I laugh at his big expressions. My mother smiles at me.

"Hello son. My, you have gotten more handsome since I last saw you." I hug my mom.

We continue to talk about business and some more personal things.

"The people in japan told me you were very kind and professional, how was the trip?"

I think back and the first thing that comes to mind is her. My phone vibrates and I look at it. An unknown number messaged me. I open it,

Radiohead is coming to Cali on Friday, wanna go? -Celeste. I immediately start smiling. I text back right after.

Sure I'll pick you up, what time and where? I sit there and look at my phone waiting for the response.

"So, who's the new girl?" My mom's soft voice asks. I look up at her right before I get an answer.

I'll meet you at the Starbucks around the corner by the venue, 6 o'clock. sharp, don't make me wait boaby. I laugh at her response. She just loves calling me that. I respond again.

can't wait Hun.

"She's just this girl I met in Japan." I don't want to tell them a whole lot yet.

"That's great, you make friends so easily." She gives me her signature smile and it makes my heart melt. I miss my parents. I need to visit more often.

Friday, I can't wait.

================================================================================

Comment, like, share and follow

Comment whether you're team Cereece or Theste