This Isn't Marriage, This Is Business

Theo POV

"Listen to me, if you don't hear anything else I say then at least hear this. I'm not getting married. Genevieve set it up but I'm going to fix everything, OK?" She looks like she wants to believe me but she doesn't want to get hurt again.

"Trust me." I kiss her forehead and leave. I make my way to my father's office. "Father, make an appointment with the Millers." He turns to looks at me and furrows his eyebrows. "Why all of a sudden?"

"We need to talk about this engagement." I exit the office and go back to my office.

~Later that night~

I walk up the driveway, see the RV and she immediately pops up in my mind. I open the door and I hear tiny paws and barking. I see Gucci come around the corner. I pick him up. He is so full of life now and he gives me kisses. I put him back down and he follows me.

Everyone is already here; both the press and everyone else.

I get to the table and tell the two magazine people to get ready. I'm not here to eat my mom's cooking, I'm here to set things straight. I get to the table and there is only one seat left for me, beside Genevieve. I sigh and don't even sit. She tries to get up and give me a hug but I don't.

"Hello everyone, I want to thank you guys for all coming out. Can we just have a toast for Genevieve please?" I raise my glass and so does everyone else. She looks so happy.

"For what dear?" She looks up at me longingly. I look down at her, my eyes cold as ice. Her face changes shortly after she clears her throat.

"I just want to thank her for breaking someone's heart. Not only mine, but an innocent girl's." Everyone's face turns sour like rotten food was put before them on the table. She sits down.

"Here, I'll explain: see, Genevieve and I were never in a relationship. In fact, I put up with her as an assistant and by now she has made several moves on me and I have rejected her each time. She is a beautiful woman, but one, she has a horrible personality and two, she is just not my type. So, I tried to put her down easily. She knew that I liked another girl so I'm confused as to how she thought that fabricating this big story would be appropriate in any given time. Now the love of my life is out there heart broken and thinks that I lied to her and now I don't know if I can get her back. And of course, Genevieve won't own up to that and try to solve a problem she caused. Now I'm glad that we are clear." By the time I was done she looked pale and like she'd seen a ghost but I didn't care.

Her parents looked the most shocked and upset. Her father stood up. "Genevieve, how dare you play with some ones life like that? You knew that he didn't like you and that he liked someone else and this is what you do? Stand here and embarrass her like this? You will no longer be working for him. Let's go. Say sorry to this family and let's go."

She slowly gets up and her tears start to stream down her face. "I'm sorry, I just wanted you to love me. I loved you for years and I tried to make myself good enough for you. I'm sorry that I ruined your chances; I'll do anything that you ask me to. If I can help at all, just let me know." She looks at the ground. I'm surprised at what she just said. She leaves and so does the press. They will have new stories in the a couple of days, I'm sure.

I go into the RV with Gucci, lay down on the bed and start thinking about Celeste. I start thinking about the plane and how she was such a bold character. The hotel where she pretended to be my girlfriend and her face when I played along. How she danced at Radiohead's concert, or how she looked at me in the car, how we sang our hearts out to our favorite bands. When we went anywhere with each other people thought we were a couple and I miss all of those times.

I cry myself to sleep hoping that she will come back to me. I don't know if she will but I'm willing to do anything to get her back.

Come back to me.

================================================================================

Comment , vote, share and follow