Second Date

Gerard's POV:

I walked up to Frank's door, trying to calm down. This was our second date and I prayed everything went smoothly. I knocked on the door and waited. I came face to face with an over excited Mrs.Iero.

"Gerard, come in." She said moving aside soni could come in.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Frank will be down in a little bit. Follow me." She said making her way to a different room.

I followed her into the living room and she sat down.

"Please, sit."

"Thank you."

"I wanted to thank you for bringing Frank home as early as you did the other night. This doesn't mean keep him out until twelve. My rule still stands. Ten thirty."

"No problem, Mrs.Iero. I'll have him home before that again tonight."

"And don't go trying anything with him."

"I won't. You have my word."

"Why didn't he find you sooner?" She smiled.

"May I ask you a question?"

"Certainly! What is it?"

"May I have your permission to ask Frank to be my boyfriend tonight?"

"Of course! I'm so happy that you asked instead of going for it. I wouldn't deny him of someone like you."

"Thank you so much."

"Can I get you anything to drink?"

"No thank you."

"I think Frank's got himself a keeper."

I smiled as she disappeared into the kitchen. I heard mumbled voices coming from the kitchen and then a whine.

"Frank, ten thirty is the latest. I understand it's spring break, but if I ask you to be home at a certain time, I expect you to be here no later and I trust that Gerard will have you here by that time."

Then everything was muffled again. I saw Frank walk out and into the living room with his mom following him. I stood up and smiled. I hugged him for a few seconds before pulling away.

"You boys be safe. Don't do anything I wouldn't approve of."

"Yes ma'am." I smiled.

We left the house in silence. I opened the door for Frank and let him get in before shutting the door. I went to the drivers side, got in, and left. I drove to the outskirts of town where there was a clearing. I had set everything up already before picking Frank up.

"Can't you keep me out until at least eleven?" Frank pleaded.

"Nope." I said said.

"Why?"

"Because, we're gonna be here for about maybe three hours as is."

"Where are we even going?"

"You'll see. Just relax." I said.

I looked over at him. He looked out of the window. The trees sped past us as I continued driving. The road had a lot of turns, making this a very less boring road.

I pulled off onto a dirt road that led to the clearing. I stopped the car and got out, making my way to Frank's side and opening the door. We walked for seven minutes before reaching our destination. Frank walked forward a little, taking in everything. He turned to me with a huge smile plastered on his lips.

"You did this? For me?"

"Yep."

"Thank you!" He said tackling me in a hug.

I hugged him back with a big smile.

"I love it." He whispered.

He pulled away and walked over to the many blankets and pillows I had laid out so everything would be comfortable.

//////////////////

The sun was starting to go down behind the trees and a single star sparkled among the colorful sky. We sat there, silently watching the sun disappear. I looked over at Frank to see he was so focused on everything. My eyes raked over every feature of his face, how he was so concentrated.

Sunset was when I wanted to make my announcement, but I didn't want to ruin what was in front of me. So I waited until the sun was completely gone to shift myself around and look directly at him. I had caught his attention while doing so, earning a confused look from him. He faced me with the same look of confusion.

"Um, I don't know how to exactly start this off."

"Start what off?"

"You'll see."

"I asked your mom for permission on this and luckily, she is ok with everything."

"Ok with what?"

"You'll see."

"When I first met you, you were a cocky midget. I had never been so annoyed by someone in my seventeen years of life. However, it somehow turned out to be the greatest thing that ever happened, so far. Over time, you became my best friend. I don't know how I opened myself up to you this much, but I did. And when I first found out I felt something for for you, it scared me. I didn't know what to do. I knew I didn't need to tell you, so as you already know, I let you or should I say, made you figure it out yourself? That resulted in some of the greatest news I've received so far and also led to our first date. Now here we are, on our second date and tonight was so perfect in so many ways. I don't know how well this date will continue to be after I ask you this. Frank, will you be my boyfriend?"