Pools

Gerard's POV:

We're goin' fast and all that passed wasn't reality

But just a dream and I wish you were with me

The days, they taunt with all their smiles

Didn't think I'd get too far

But here we are

Running fast, faces passed

And memories, they seem to fade

But I'm here with you

It's all I want and nothing more

When did I become so rich?

I can do anything knowing I'm not alone

"What are you doing?"

I jumped at the voice from behind me. I turned around to look at the smaller boy. He had tears in his eyes with one threatening to fall. I became concerned with his state.

"What's wrong?"

"My aunt, she came into town today because she was evicted from her home and my mom said she could come live with us until she got back on her feet. My mom told her that I have a boyfriend and she immediately starts bashing me and calling me names and- Gerard, she said awful things about you too!" He said falling into my lap.

"It's ok." I said, holding him close and stroking his hair.

"No, it's not! She said so many mean things about you and our relationship. I know that's not the truth though! It hurt so much to hear her say such things."

"Everything will be alright." I soothed.

"You don't understand. Gerard, you're my boyfriend. I care deeply about you. She said horrible things that I do not wish to repeat. She doesn't even know you! She doesn't know how much of a good person you are."

"She can say whatever she wants about me, I don't care, b-"

"I do though!"

"I get that, I do, but if you don't believe her, that's the only thing I care about."

"But I don't want her saying such horrible things."

"Let her."

"I sound like a little kid." Frank sighed.

"You are a little kid." I said.

"Then that makes you a pedophile."

"True."

Frank got up, a tear still on the verge of sliding down his cheek. He wiped it away quickly before it got the chance to do so. I watched as he grabbed a chair and sat down next to me. I hid the song before he could see it.

"What were you working on?" Frank asked.

"Nothing."

"It was something. You didn't even notice that I had came in."

"It's an essay that I have to do."

"What's it about?"

"What technology has done to help or worsen today's generation and the up coming ones."

"Cool."

"Not really."

"Well, since I'm here, do you wanna do something?" Frank smiled.

"Sure. It's nice outside. Do you wanna go swimming?"

"I don't ha-"

I interrupted him by throwing a pair of swimming trunks at him. He looked down at them with a concerned look.

"What?"

"What if they don't fit?"

"They will."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah if you tie the strings."

"I'll go change." He said walking into my bathroom.

I quickly undressed and put the swimming trunks on. Frank walked out with his on also. All of his tattoos were on display that I had never seen before. I had to resist the erge to run my hands over all of them.

I went into the bathroom and grabbed two towels. I debated on whether to get the sunscreen or not. I decided against it and left the bathroom. I saw Frank standing there who glanced up when I walked in.

"Are you ready?" I asked.

"Y-yeah."

I led him to the back yard where we had a pool. It wasn't too big, but not too small either. I laid the towels down and kicked off my sandals. Frank had done the same thing. We were standing on the edge ready to jump in.

"What's that over there?" I said, pointing to nothing.

"Where?" He asked looking to where I was pointing.

I shoved him into the water quickly before he could stop me or himself. He sunk below the water without surfacing. I jumped in letting the cool water surround my body. I felt a pair of arms wrap around torso, keeping me in place.

I wriggled at of his grip and surfaced. He followed suit and and ran his fingers through his hair. I watched him as he floated on his back. I swam around as he continued to float in the water.

Today couldn't have been better.