Birthday

2 months later:

Today is Gerard's birthday. He's turning eighteen. If it wasn't for a relationship before him becoming an adult, it'd be illegal. That's beside the point though.

He just invited my mom, me, and Ray over for his party. Donna and my mom were off somewhere, probably gossiping. The rest of us were in kitchen eating. Gerard pulled me into him as we stood around the island, eating the meal Donna had prepared for the party.
Mikey and Ray were talking amongst themselves as Gerard and I ate quietly.

"They'll be together by the end of today."

"How do you know?" I asked.

"The looks that are being shared. And plus Mikey told me." Gerard laughed.

"You nerd." I said, hitting him playfully.

"He told me yesterday that he was gonna ask Ray out today."

"But wouldn't that be weird. It's on your birthday."

"I made him when he tried to back out."

"Do you think he'll do it."

"He better."

"And if he doesn't."

"He better, 'cause spending a whole hour alone with them makes you really uncomfortable whem there's so much tension between the two."

I nodded my head and continued eating. Once everyone finished eating, we gathered in the living room so Gerard could open his presents. I handed him mine first so he could see what I got him. I had gotten him a David Bowie record.

"Frankie, I wanna say thank you for the record, but how am I gone listen to it without a record player?"

"Here's my present, Gee." Mikey said.

Mikey handed him the box and Gerard set it down in front of him.

"You guys are too adorable." Gerard smiled.

Mikey had gotten him a record player.

"Here, Gerard." Ray said, handing him his next present.

Ray had gotten him four more records. I could see Gerard was at a loss for words. We had gotten him what he had wanted. He was happy.

"Here, Geebear." His mom said.

Three more records.

"Last, but not least." My mom said handing him his gift.

I'm sure everyone knows what his next present was. More records.

"Thank you guys so much." He smiled.

"Happy birthday." His mom smiled.