Christmas Part 2

We all sat in the living room after eating. It was time to open gifts. Mikey had opened his. He had gotten a watch from our mom, custom made picks from Ray, and band shirts from Frank. He had opened mine and almost killed me in the process of thanking me.

Ray opened his next. He had opened Mikey's first, followed by the rest of ours. Mom opened her gifts after Frank, making me last. Frank was disappointed when he saw there was nothing from me under the tree. Little did he know, I had gotten him something.

I waited until everyone went to their rooms. Ray went up to Mikey's room, obviously. Frank had come down to mine. My mom and Linda has stayed out in the living room, talking with each other.

"You didn't get me anything?" He said once we got to my room.

"Just because there was nothing from me under the tree doesn't mean I didn't get you anything."

I saw confusion, fear, and worry flood his eyes. I knew what he was thinking. He didn't know what I meant. That was ok.

"G-Gee, I'm no-ot ready for... that." He stuttered.

"That's not what I meant."

"Oh. What did you mean then?"

I sat up from our positions. I stood up and went to my dresser. I opened one of the drawers and found what I had bought him. I went back over to the bed and sat down.

"What's this?" Frank asked nervously.

"You know in four months, I'm graduating."

"Of course! You're a senior."

"And I know you're probably worried about what will happen. Frank, I want you to know that I love with my whole being. I couldn't ask for a more perfect boyfriend. You're my everything and I hope I'm yours. You're my world and I don't know what would happen if I lost my world. I don't know what will happen when I go off to college. I'll be there for four years though. I do know that much. And I promise I'll come back. I promise that nothing will happen to us." I said opening the box.

"Gee, what is this?"

"I'm making you a promise. Even though I'm going off to college in four months, nothing will happen to us. I'll come back to you. I'll wait for you. I won't be with anyone else while I'm gone. You're my everything."

I took the ring out of the box and held his right hand in my own. I slid the ring onto his ring finger.

"Gerard?"

"Yes?"

"Is this a promise ring?"

"Yes."

"I love you."

"I love you too."