Thanks, Mom

Frank's POV:

Tonight had been amazing. I became extremely nervous when Gerard had gotten serious. He had given me a, I don't know, about how he felt about me. He started it off by telling me he asked my mom for permission so this had to mean what he asked me is really important to him.

Then he hit me with a question I didn't know would come this soon. Will you be my boyfriend? I imagined many times how he'd ask me. What it would be like dating him. And now I'm faced with the real thing.

"Boyfriend?" I asked to clarify.

"I understand if you don't want to." Gerard said looking down.

"No, no, no, no, no, no- I mean yes but, I meant no as in that's not what I meant I-"

"Frank, calm down."

"Let me start over. My answer is yes. I'll be your boyfriend."

He tackled me in a hug, making me fall on my back. I could feel my smile grow with knowing Gerard is mine and I am his. There was a part of me that felt like I would be holding him back since I'm a junior and he's a senior. I pushed that away and savored the moment.

It was ten o'clock and Gerard was putting everything away. He insisted that he put everything away himself. We walked back to his car in a comfortable silence. We got in and he started for my house.

He pulled into the driveway. We sat there for a moment before I decided I needed to go inside. We both got out and he walked me to my door. Honestly, I wasn't ready for everything to be over.

"I had a great time. Thank you."

"You're welcome. I'm glad you had a good time."

"Can we take things slow, Ger-"

"Call me Gee."

"Gee?"

"Only people really close to me can call me that."

"Ok." I smiled.

"Now what were you saying?" He asked.

"Can we take everything slow since I'm new to a relationship like this?"

"Sure. I was thinking the same thing."

"Thank you."

"Alright. I better let you go inside. Goodnight." Gerard leaned down to kiss my cheek before walking to his car.

I knew from last time, he'd stay there until I was made it safetly inside my house. I stood against the door wanting to scream until my voice was raw. I had never been so happy in my entire life from something that meant so much to me. I saw my mother walk into the small room giving me a concerned look.

"Is everything alright?"

"GERARD ASKED ME TO BE HIS BOYFRIEND!!!!!!"

"I'm so happy for you! I didn't think he was gonna ask you tonight." My mom smiled.

"There's so much excitement bundled up and I don't know what to do."

"And he brought you home on time again."

"That's beside the fact. He said he asked you for permission before asking me."

"He did."

"Thank you." I said hugging her.

"Why are you thanking me?"

"Because you gave him permission."

"Part of me feels like he would've asked anyways."

"Not unless he had your permission to do so. He would've waited until it was ok with you."

"Do you think?"

"Yep."

"That's good then."

"Yep."

"Go get some rest. We can talk about your date tomorrow morning."

"Ok, mom."

I ran up to my room so I could change into more comfortable clothes. I took off my eyeliner before laying down on my bed.

Frank:

Are you home yet?

Gerard:

Yep. Thanks for checking.

Frank:

Glad you made it home safe. Goodnight.

Gerard:

Goodnight;)