{eighteen}

{eighteen}

                When Roman left, Dylan had also. No one really bothered looking for them as they were rumored to get up and leave every few months. Sure the first few weeks were chaotic at school but after the month ended, news about Roman and Dylan died down and was replaced by rumor of a sophomore getting knocked up by some college guy.

                That was the way things in high school worked. I guess that was why I preferred college better. No one really knew who you were unless you got along with a lot of people or did something to get known.

                I never thought I’d have to face Roman or any of his friends again, at least not for a long while. Yet, my suspicions about life not liking me were proved correct when Roman and his friends came strolling back into my life.

                Dylan wickedly smiled at me as he took a few steps closer to where I stood on the other side of the counter. “You haven’t changed a bit.” He taunted.

                I narrowed my eyes and took a few steps to the side, rounding the counter so that I was further away from him. “Neither have you Dyl,” I replied, “Still the same asshole you were back in high school.”

                 At that he laughed, however his cackle was lost with the sound of the music changing in the next room. Another dub-step song began, this time the vibrations of the bass more defined. I could feel it running through my bones.

                “And you’re still the same ol’ bitch with a big mouth.”

                I cocked a brow at him, “Really Dylan, is that the best you got?”

                He sneered at me before he took a drink from his beer. Dylan and I never got along. We were always bickering for stupid reasons.

                “Roman’s been looking for you,” he said.

                “Well tell him to stop,”

                “You should know better than that,” Dylan reminded me, “What Roman wants, Roman gets.”

                “And you’re his little bitch who gets him everything right?” I snapped, “Do everyone a favor and suck him already. Your little bromance is getting old.” And with that I walked away hoping he wouldn’t follow me.