Chapter 11: Interrogation

Levi opens his eyes to a bright light.  So much light it stings his eyes.
"Am I... where?" Levi sits up rubbing his eyes.

"Good afternoon Mr Ackerman." a woman wearing white chuckles. Her voice echoing amongst the white room. Such a golden heavenly light.

"Where am I-" Levi touches the side of his head where he was shot. The bullet wound is gone. "... I was shot. I killed myself. I killed him." Levi looks around. Enourmous blue and white wings reflect against the window.

He turns his head and it rings loudly.

"The wings of freedom..." Levi mutters and stares at the official symbol for the police station. He lays still in the hospital bay. "... Hange?" He sits up and faces the girl with glasses.

"I saved your life Shorty!" She grins. Levi stares at her.

"... huh?" He asks dopily.

"You. Were going to kill yourself and that other boy, Stupid." she grins.

Levi stares at her.

"I shot that gun out of your hands! It was epic!" She sings. "Moblit tranquilized the both of you."

"Eren...?" Levi blinks. "Where's Eren now?"

A snort comes from the querky female "In the cells. He's just sitting there. Staring at the floor. We'll take him to jail after he talks. She explains.
"Now.  What the hell were you two thinking?"

"Eren... I wanted to kill myself. Wanted to kill the both of us... I wanted to die a hero." Levi hugs his knees.
"Can I speak to Eren? I need to see him... in jail I mean." Levi whispers.

"Well, of course. You were the detective on his case afterall." Hange says. "Be careful.  He's dangerous."

Levi nods his head and stands up. He walks dizzily out of the police station sick bay and walks to where the cells are. He has clothes on now. Hange took the liberaty of slipping a shirt and pants over him. His tierd eyes sag on his face as he yawns. The prisoners all grumble and yell. But Eren doesn't even look up. His face is cold and his eyes are dark too. All he does is think over the crimes he's done. How he will most likely be in there for life. Forever.

"Oi. Brat." Levi speaks and Eren's head flicks up. Some of the other guys all watch Levi. He lights up a ciggerette and takes a deep drag. Blowing it around the air. "Here." he reaches his hand through the bars and holds the stick in his fingers. Eren furrows his eyebrows and stands up. Walking over and taking it.

Immediately all the other prisoners rile up in annoyance.

"How come he gets one!?"
"Why's he so special!"
"I want one!"
"oi! Aren't you a cop!"

Levi only watches Eren smoke it. Once the puff of smoke leaves his lips he looks at the other prisoners.

"Because. You oversized shits," he snaps at them. "I happen to hate him more than the rest of you." With that he sticks his nose in the air and walks off leaving Eren with the ciggerette in his fingers and the rest of the brutes in the jail cells to glare at him.
Eren looks at the glaring faces before sinking away into the cells corner, smoking the rest of it until it's only a butt.

'He hates me' he thinks as he breaths out the disgusting air. 'He gave this to me to get every one else to hate me. Ha. Smart guy...' Eren slightly smiles dishearteningly before sinking his head in between his knees, resuming his regretfilled depressed state.

"How'd it go?" Hange asks and Levi sits down. "I gave him a ciggerette." Levi says slowly and Hange furrows her eyebrows.

"Why?"