Chapter 23: Two Timing

Eren compares her name to the list, and it bothers him. He traces his hand over the lettering on her body, getting a small trace of blood on his finger. He rubs his index and forefinger together, smothering the blood, before scrunching  up the list in frustration and booting it away from him.

"ARGH! WHO THE FUCK IS USING MY NAME?!"

"Eren. Chill. We'll find them. Kicking important evidence won't help our case" Levi picks up the list and looks at Eren. "Family. Then we do highschool life."

Eren takes a moment to calm down before huffing and crossing his arms. "On Cake or Mina?" He asks.

"Mina. Mina and Cake. Both! We're going to have a late night at the office" Levi sighs.

~◇~

"Nothing..." Eren sighs, throwing a piece of paper over his shoulder in Levi's office. Because Of Eren, the floor is now covered with papers that the boy has found unuseful in their investigation.

"Give me a backstory on Furgus- *yawn*- Thomas" Levi yawns and rubs his eyes.

Eren huffs and slams his head on the desk tiredly. "He was 27 years old manager Of the memorial halls. Started out as a baker, worked himself up from there. According to his interrogation,  him and Cake have been a couple. He's lying. I can tell he's lying no one else can. Tch, idiots. Anyway, said that he met Cake on a family trip up in the Stohess district. He has a mother at the age of 58 and his father died in a car accident. And - *yawn* that's it." Eren smacks his lips together, eyelids closing.

"If only he were here" Levi mumbles to himself and rubs his neck. "I need a neck rub... ugh. I need sleep" he groans and fixes the glasses on his nose so he can read the paperwork.

"Who's 'he'?" Eren asks tiredly.

Levi moans in irritation at his own tiredness. "Erwin. He used to give me neck rubs" Levi sighs and kicks the desk a little. "But he was killed by these bastards." Levi types in more names into the computer.

"Tch. That two timing bastard?  What a gross man," Eren stretches his arms before looking at the papers.

"Two timing?" Levi frowns defending his dead boyfriend. "I'll have you know erwin was loyal as the sun is to the sky when it rises without fail each morning" Levi frowns.

"Tch, yeah right," Eren snorts amused at Levi's faith towards the disgusting man named Erwin. "That guy was definitely not the guy you thought he was. Lemme tell ya."

"Eren don't be a dick" Levi stands up getting angry and rips something from the printer. "why can't you just accept that he dated me. Erwin loved me. You're full of bullshit!"

"Yes well, he certainly said he loved you. He had you played like a fool," Eren mutters with a bored look on his face.

"Fool huh?" Levi snaps. "Erwin was incredibly respectful and understanding! Damn it Eren you're such a jealous asshole!"

"He was understanding because he was fucking someone behind your back," Eren states.

"You're full of shit!" Levi yells suddenly.

Eren raises an eyebrow and stares at Levi with a neutral yet serious expression.
"He didn't love you.  He loved your body. I bet he got exactly what he wanted to. Gees you really are a fool."

"Just what are you implying!?" Levi shouts. He doesn't like hearing this. Eren's pissing him off. Especially with the accusations he is making about their relationship.

"I think you know. You're smart enough, right detective?" Eren says frowning. There's no evidence that Eren is joking  around. Levi can see it. He can see that it actually pains Eren to tell Levi the truth.